JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few pics. Awesome day to shoot. More crowded than I've ever seen (excluding CHL training days). Lot's of really cool guns and shooters. 40 mph wind-gusts made for some funny paper-wrestling.

The 460 was a hit. A couple guys didn't like being too close when loaded with 300 grain .454 or 260 grain .460. Some girl freaked out every time I shot it.....or my 44mag, but it was pretty well received by most everybody.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol- Reloading is right around the corner. Just have to nail down the set-up that's right for me. Been saving brass for a couple months now.

Yea- I went through all that ammo plus some more-

50 rnds .380
100 rnds .40
100 rnds .45
50 rnds .357
50 rnds .44
50 rnds .454
40 rnds .460

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Dang Stu, you are one well armed young man:beer:
I need to make it out for an Austin area shoot to try out my new XD .45 and to shake the dust off of the Glock 22 .40.

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang Stu, you are one well armed young man:beer:
I need to make it out for an Austin area shoot to try out my new XD .45 and to shake the dust off of the Glock 22 .40.
You should, Kev. I will be out there this Sat. Kerryp also shoots out there sometimes. I know he tried to organize a meet & shoot last year. Maybe he/ we can get one together this year......even with just a few guys, would still be fun. It's a friendly range- laid-back but safe. Would be a great place to shoot with a kid, wife, g/f, etc.......because of the comfortable setting.

Not allowed to shoot at the deaf dog though.......although yes.....some have intentionally come close. :pissed:

FWIW- I feel like I need to sell one or two of my guns, but I really love them all differently.....like my deadly little metal and polymer children. :devil: :p Just expensive to try to feed them all. IDK

·
Registered
114 Posts
what range is that? I have to practice for my CHL instructor course in 2 weeks so if you want to go back out let me know.

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what range is that? I have to practice for my CHL instructor course in 2 weeks so if you want to go back out let me know.
Lone Star Gun Range- Lockhart Tx

http://www.ctxpta.com/id2.html

They do CHL/ instructor classes there. Good people.

Shot some Buffalo Bore 300 grain .460 today for the first time. Loved it. Also watched a guy and his son/ grandson loading and shooting black-powder rifle and revolver. Very cool.

10 rounds of 460. Not great, but not too bad. I'm happy.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.