JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled out my old Scangauge out of my parts bin that I actually needed to lookup the daily engine codes for the 2001 turbo beetle I used to have. I figured it could come in handy to monitor water temp, transmission oil temp, oil pressure, alternator voltage. I also used a griffin ipod windshield mount that I had hanging around. If I can find the correct send and receive scan code for transmission oil temp, then I'll eliminate the zip tie and use "permanent" double sided tape to fasted the scangauge to the griffin mount. Here's some pics of the install:

The left end is snug against the griffin mount, the other end is tucked between the two mount arms and zip tied

I removed the driver's side dash access panel and ran the odbII cable from the ODBII connection to the top of the bash between the firewall and the dash.

The scangauge ODBII connector socket just happened to line up perfectly

After connecting it up, I fired up the wrangler the and the scangauge ii connected.

Now time to hit the trails to see if the scangauge II will stay fastened to the window.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I simply mounted my ScanGauge to the dashboard just in front of the tweeter with some 3M sticky-backed Velcro tape.

I keep mine displaying instant MPG, average MPG, water temp, and voltage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I can find the correct send and receive scan code for transmission oil temp, then I'll eliminate the zip tie and use "permanent" double sided tape to fasted the scangauge to the griffin mount.

Here you go:

Books1 said:
You need an ECU Wake-Up Code displayed on the screen along with a Trans Fluid Temp code. Without it, the computer won't display a TFT reading. Here are the codes that worked on my '10:

Wake Up ECU
TXD: 07E01092
RXF: 045025920000
RXD: 3808
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: ECU

Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees F)
TXD: 07E022B010
RXF: 046205B00610
RXD: 3010
MTH: 000100400000
NAM: TFT

Have those on-screen together and you should be all set.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1019418&postcount=9

1 - 3 of 3 Posts