JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't know about the ScanGauge2. I do know the Aeroforce Interceptor will...

Why not just go to your local AutoZone and buy one and see. You should be able to return right away if it doesn't.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
will it allow trans. temp readings for the auto?
No. They are working on it and sent me some commands to try out a while ago, but they didn't work.

In retrospect I would have gone with the Aeroforce (or even a DashDaq), as it would have saved me installing a separate trans temp gauge.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I could never get the scanguage to read trans temp either. It will scan and clear problem codes for you. It is about $100 cheaper than the Aeroforce gauge, but the Aeroforce will do more. And to my eye, look better.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I could never get the scanguage to read trans temp either. It will scan and clear problem codes for you. It is about $100 cheaper than the Aeroforce gauge, but the Aeroforce will do more. And to my eye, look better.
What gauge po is that? It looks great!! did you make it or buy it.

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Sorry, hadn't seen this post. It's a pod from Camp over at COP4X4. I won it in a contest. It comes carbon fiber, but that stuff hypnotizes me so I found some Krylon charcoal colored vinyl paint and did a light sanding, then painted it. That paint really matches the interior.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I discussed Trans Fluid Temp with ScanGauge and finally have it working on my '10 JK.

You need an ECU Wake-Up Code displayed on the screen along with a Trans Fluid Temp code. Without it, the computer won't display a TFT reading. Here are the codes that worked on my '10:

Wake Up ECU
TXD: 07E01092
RXF: 045025920000
RXD: 3808
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: ECU

Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees F)
TXD: 07E022B010
RXF: 046205B00610
RXD: 3010
MTH: 000100400000
NAM: TFT

Have those on-screen together and you should be all set.

Hope that helps other JK/JKU owners with a ScanGauge II!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you think it will work with my 07? I can't find my directions how do I do it. Thanks
It should unless there were any major PCM / CANBUS changes. Won't hurt any to try. The worst thing that happens is you don't get a reading. You need to add these in as additional XGAUGES. Depending on the software revision of your SG2, the process to add an XGAUGE may vary. On mine you step through the menus (bottom right button, then select more) until you find XGAUGE and add the codes I typed above. After you save them, go to the main screen where your gauges are displayed. Cycle through and display both the wake up code and the tft code on the sg2 simultaneously.

Let us know if it works!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
It works fine for an 07.

FWIW Once you have the temp displaying you can switch the ECU display to something else, it just needs it to turn it on, but does need it every time you start the vehicle.

The ScanGauge TFT reading is about 15°F higher than my pan mounted sensor, which is about what I'd expect. I don't know where the factory sensor is, but I'm guessing in the body somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rechecked the configuration for ECU and TFT is all correct I put up the ECU than TFT start the Jeep and still nothing. What did I mess up?
What year is your Jeep? If it's working on an 07, 08, and 10, unless you're newer and there were any CANBUS revisions, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Glad it has helped everyone else. I may be a newb here, but at least I'm making a good first impression. :D LOL

EDIT: Also what does the ECU code display? If it is blank, something is wrong somewhere.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It is a 07 This is what I have to try again "Cycle through and display both the wake up code and the tft code on the sg2 simultaneously."
The Jeep should be running when I do this correct? I have tried to do the 2 buttons at the same time but I can't get it to show on for the ECU...:pissed:
Dose it matter what number (5, 20, ect?)is given to the X gauge?
Thanks guys

1 - 20 of 24 Posts