JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could say so much, but I'll just leave it at pictures don't do it any justice. I was absolutely blown away at how big 37x12.5 Kevlar MTRs were. There was one next to it on 35" KM2s and they looked like my 285s.

I personally think I'm going to stick with 35s...those 37s were enormous! I guess I'm a sissy. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Well THOSE pictures REALLY don't do it justice! :shaking:

LOL- sorry man- but I was really wanting to see the 37" MTR's on a 2dr. I'll bet it DID look pretty sweet.

:beer:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well THOSE pictures REALLY don't do it justice! :shaking:

LOL- sorry man- but I was really wanting to see the 37" MTR's on a 2dr. I'll bet it DID look pretty sweet.

I meant the pictures here are like offroad pictures, you can't get a real feel for what the trail is really like from a picture. I've seen TONS of pics of 37s on JKs but after seeing it in person I can't even fathom what 40s or 41s look like on one.

I didn't have a camera and my iphone is HAMMERED so it doesn't do pics too well...honestly I didn't even think about it. Ha!

I was just checking out your rig in another thread and I'd like to meet up sometime and take a look at it! :beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
^^^ LOL. I have been wanting to see some 37" MTR's on a 2 dr for a while now- I opened that post and thought "Cool- Now i get to see one!" :grinpimp:

Anytime you wanna check out my Jeep- it's still a work in progress. I have a Nth Degree rear diff skid, Delta headlights, LCA skids, and a few other things going in hopefully before the Memorial Day run out at K2.

The rig to really see is going to be bodyguys (Joe). he is working on a complete new cage and a 9" rear-end right now for his Mangler. His JK is truly sick.

Hope you can head out to K2 with us. I will be swinging thru Austin around 6:30- 7:00 am on Sat morning- the 29th.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
had a long arm'd 2dr JK come into the BMW dealership the other day, on 37s. Looked 'effin awesome. Wish there were more jacked up 2drs!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ LOL. I have been wanting to see some 37" MTR's on a 2 dr for a while now- I opened that post and thought "Cool- Now i get to see one!" :grinpimp:

Anytime you wanna check out my Jeep- it's still a work in progress. I have a Nth Degree rear diff skid, Delta headlights, LCA skids, and a few other things going in hopefully before the Memorial Day run out at K2.

The rig to really see is going to be bodyguys (Joe). he is working on a complete new cage and a 9" rear-end right now for his Mangler. His JK is truly sick.

Hope you can head out to K2 with us. I will be swinging thru Austin around 6:30- 7:00 am on Sat morning- the 29th.

I would really like to go and I already have that whole wekend off from work so I think I should be able to swing it. I'm moving next weekend so I gotta see how much that wipes out before I commit.

We should get together sometime so I can see Joe and your rigs. I have no idea what to do first with my 2 door an every time I think I have a plan I se something that makes me go hmmm.

I just don't want to do like on the 4 door and buy something just to get me by. I want to build it piece by piece but I want it to be right. I really don't think I need bigger than 35s for the first couple years. That'll give me timeto beef up and get it ready for bigger.

I wonder if that one I saw is a member here? He was at 4wp but didn't say anything while I was gawking. He backed out and drove off. It was rescue green and had a Fox steering stabilizer. It looked like he wheeled it pretty hard. Also had the rugged ridge stinger which looked 1000 times better in person.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I would really like to go and I already have that whole wekend off from work so I think I should be able to swing it. I'm moving next weekend so I gotta see how much that wipes out before I commit.

We should get together sometime so I can see Joe and your rigs. I have no idea what to do first with my 2 door an every time I think I have a plan I se something that makes me go hmmm.

I just don't want to do like on the 4 door and buy something just to get me by. I want to build it piece by piece but I want it to be right. I really don't think I need bigger than 35s for the first couple years. That'll give me timeto beef up and get it ready for bigger.

I wonder if that one I saw is a member here? He was at 4wp but didn't say anything while I was gawking. He backed out and drove off. It was rescue green and had a Fox steering stabilizer. It looked like he wheeled it pretty hard. Also had the rugged ridge stinger which looked 1000 times better in person.
That's why I would like to have some jko cards in my glove-box. People don't remember websites, and handing someone a handwritten note seems very juvenile/ lame.

We have a pretty cool place to wheel here in Bastrop- pretty scenic, but not in the least challenging. Let me know if you can make K2 and if you want to meet up somewhere close to 71 in Austin on Sat morning- Mem wknd.

Rock Krawler is really getting some good reviews from what I see on their 3 1/2" mid-arm. That's what joe is running and he is on 37's (will prob be able to go to 40's with that lift eventually- dunno). There will be quite a few JK's at K2 as well, so that might be a good opportunity to get close and personal with some different lifts, and watch them in action too.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
What rock are you hiding under dude? They're everywahere:beer:
We'll I'm on my own island in the middle of the desert called las vegas. they are not everywhere. I can find all the 2dr JKs on 33s and 35s i want, definitely not 37s and up on a 2dr here...or not many at all.

·
Registered
422 Posts
We'll I'm on my own island in the middle of the desert called las vegas. they are not everywhere. I can find all the 2dr JKs on 33s and 35s i want, definitely not 37s and up on a 2dr here...or not many at all.
He speaketh the truth... I've seen a grand total of one 2dr on 37's here.... BTW, IT WAS BADASSSSSSSS!! Only thing is, the dude only mall crawled with it... :(

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
We only have one 2 door on 37's down here in South Florida and that is Smokey. Hitmoney will have two 2 doors on 35's in the next week but they are also daily drivers.

As far as the MTR's, they are a big tire for the size. I parked next to one of the Mopar Underground guys in Moab and our tires were only inches apart. His 37" MTR made my 37" KM2 look small! It was like his tire was closer to a 38" and mine closer to a 36". Sorry no picture!:shaking:

Hitmoney's 35's are going to be MTR's so we will see how they compare to my 37" KM2's.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

I am waiting on Joe to get his rig back on the road and then I am thinking of setting up a meet and greet for the Central Texas folks,,,,we can see each other at the runs like K2 also, but I thought it would be fun to have a local meet and greet somewhere to hang out and gawk at each others rigs and talk Jeeps....Every weekend here in Bastrop all the hot rodders get together on Sat nights to hang out and show off their hot rods, it would be fun to have Jeep Nights every now and again it sit around and do the same....Joe and I have talked about it , but never set anything up yet....

·
Registered
422 Posts
We only have one 2 door on 37's down here in South Florida and that is Smokey. Hitmoney will have two 2 doors on 35's in the next week but they are also daily drivers.

As far as the MTR's, they are a big tire for the size. I parked next to one of the Mopar Underground guys in Moab and our tires were only inches apart. His 37" MTR made my 37" KM2 look small! It was like his tire was closer to a 38" and mine closer to a 36". Sorry no picture!:shaking:

Hitmoney's 35's are going to be MTR's so we will see how they compare to my 37" KM2's.
Yeah, I'll be sure to check the true height next time I buy tires... My 35" Nitto's measure out to be 33.5" :(

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am waiting on Joe to get his rig back on the road and then I am thinking of setting up a meet and greet for the Central Texas folks,,,,we can see each other at the runs like K2 also, but I thought it would be fun to have a local meet and greet somewhere to hang out and gawk at each others rigs and talk Jeeps....Every weekend here in Bastrop all the hot rodders get together on Sat nights to hang out and show off their hot rods, it would be fun to have Jeep Nights every now and again it sit around and do the same....Joe and I have talked about it , but never set anything up yet....
I will definitely be up for this so just let me know! I think it is a great idea!

·
Registered
351 Posts
here's a couple picture of mine on Procomp 37s. The MTRs are definitely a taller tire. My jeep is a daily driver with 5.13 gears and it rides great. :bounce:

the two TJs have 35 inch tires

one with some flex.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Jeep looks great smokey

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lovin it Smokey!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts