JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is a little late, but I got a little bored watching TV during the commercials so I decided to post this up...

So these are nothing crazy or cool. But it is me (Silver Sahara) and a buddy (Red Rubicon) just doing a little wheeling. The thing that I do not get is that this trail that we are on is a legit road. It's called Samson Road. It is out in Boone NC. Fun place/and free to wheel if you are college kid. It's about ~15min from my apartment.

But nothing crazy. Had some fun. We each got stuck, mine was from being stupid and not watching my approach on the rock and his was due to the fact that it rained the other day.

Still... a fun day. And I don't give a shit who you are... a day of wheeling makes you feel a little bit more manly :thefinger:

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A Couple More...

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And, just a few more (idk how to put more that 5 pictures in a post... if you know how, shoot me a PM please, haha)

And this is only like a fifth of the pics, I am just getting bored of uploading, haha. Oh - And reason all the pics are of his Jeep is cause the buddy with the camera was in mine haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Looks cool. Can you give directions to this "road"?

I'm about an hour and a half away but I find myself in the Boone/Blowing Rock area often. I was thinking of heading up there next weekend.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sweet pics, looks like a fun day.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah some directions to this place would be great.

Sent from my imagination.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ight, so... the road is called Samson Road, Boone, NC 28607. It is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway (I come from Boone on 221-321 and then turn left on the BRP before you hit App Ski Mt then turn right onto Samson) You will just keep following Samson Road until to come to a road that crosses a creek to the left and then there you are.

You can actually google map the whole road. Because it is a legit road. (I don't no how though...) I would recommend doing this because once you get on the road it is a maze. You end up a little more down the mountain out on the parkway again. (Near Bethany Baptist Church).

Now the way that I am telling you is "down" the trail. The way that the picture show is going "up" the mountain.

Sorry the "directions" are so bad. Its just one of those little-known-Boone-roads that some of the locals know about. Ha-ha.

If any of you are really interested in it shoot me a PM and I will get the best directions possible, and if I still can't figure it out, get up here, give me a call and I will take you out there myself. Now again I am saying, it is not that hard of a trail, just a couple creeks to go through, rocks to climb over and there are 3 places that have some fun hill climbs and mud holes to play in. A stock Jeep could do it and not mess anything up if the driver knew what they were doing...

But still fun, non the less.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah I saw a Sampson Rd. off the BRP so I'm assuming that's it. Showed the wife the pics you posted and she was like yes please.

Sent from my imagination.

·
Registered
691 Posts
How come the non Rubicon keeps making it through and the Rubicon keeps getting stuck..?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well if you all are planning on making a trip up I will try to get much better directions so you can get in-and out of there. like I said earlier, once you get in it is like a little maze.

And again, do not expect any huge hills, and crazy obstacles. It's just a pretty nice little "road". Really good for getting pictures.

Maybe we could all meet up. I have my first Organic Chemistry II exam that following monday, but maybe I can put off studying... first exams are always the easiest. Ha-ha.

Edit: Also, if you go in and start playing around on some of the hills, and such, you can spend a good... 3 hours or more in there I would say. Best part is it's free though. Ha-ha.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've heard Richland Road is a good one too. I made a trip up there in November and hit some Forest Service Roads. Check out a trip report here:

Expedition Portal Thread

Globe Road out of Blowing Rock was very scenic. We went to an old abandoned town called Mortimer.

Anyway, one of the other members on Exp. Portal recommended that Richland Road.

Here's a link to it on the Googles: Google Maps Link

1 - 20 of 27 Posts