JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've always been a fan of the M14 and have been eyeballing the civilian M1. I'd consider picking one up, but I can't get the Sage ebr chassis out of my head. It's spendy, and I'm wondering if it's worth the coin?
Does anyone have an M1 with the ebr kit? If so, what are your thoughts...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yes, the EBR is heavier than the stock chassis. However, my Troy Industries stock is the heaviest one I have on an M1A. It makes the EBR feel light! IMO (and observation from use), the EBR chassis does have a few demerits:
- With the collapsible stock (dual rod) extended 3/4 - all the way out, there is a wobble in the stock. As someone who has used one for it's "intended purpose", I will say that I have not witnessed any loss of accuracy. It just feels a little unstable.
- The EBR chassis prevents a tool-less "breakdown" of the rifle for cleaning (not a good thing, when you're in the SUCK). Honestly, this chassis makes the M1A a PITA to clean!
- Being that the chassis is metal, it is prone to becoming hot in the heat/summer and cold in the cold/winter. Nothing gloves or a little "user-end modification" can't fix though.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the EBR is heavier than the stock chassis.
- With the collapsible stock (dual rod) extended 3/4 - all the way out, there is a wobble in the stock. As someone who has used one for it's "intended purpose", I will say that I have not witnessed any loss of accuracy. It just feels a little unstable.
- The EBR chassis prevents a tool-less "breakdown" of the rifle for cleaning (not a good thing, when you're in the SUCK). Honestly, this chassis makes the M1A a PITA to clean!
- Being that the chassis is metal, it is prone to becoming hot in the heat/summer and cold in the cold/winter. Nothing gloves or a little "user-end modification" can't fix though.

Hope that helps.
That's all good to know, thanks for the input. Sexy doesn't always equal good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.