JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the hilift jack mounted on the hood. But, the parent in me makes me wonder about the brackets tearing out of the hood's thin sheet metal and it coming flying thru the front windshield? Does anyone have any experience or have any ideal just how stable and safe it's is when mounted on the hood?

· Registered
141 Posts
I personally dont have it installed there, but about 4 guys in our club do, and Ive personally seen one of them slam his front end on the trails with it on the hood and it didnt budge. I guess if its installed right, you should be good to go

· Registered
278 Posts
Any front impact would send it forward if it did come loose. Me thinks a rear impact with enough force to tear it loose and send it backwards through the cab, the jack is the last of your worries. Just my thoughts :)

· Registered
3,222 Posts
I really like my Warrior Products - HiLift mount on the hood. It is very strong and is safe. It mounts into the hood hinge so it's there to stay. It costs more than some but it is stout. It does block the windshield washer but I simply relocated it in about five minutes.

my fix works fine

I would also suggest mounting the jack so that the section that lifts is pointed to the front. I had it the other way
and a Jeep mechanic opened my hood back all the way to rest on the windshield and put a nice dent in the cowling.I also us a cable gun lock to keep the easy thief's away.

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Some of the low end brackets I've seen leave me leery, I leave mine on the rear bumper. 50# hunk of steel can be far far away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.