JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's cold everywhere else, but AZ still has topless weather. Any good experiences with safari tops for a four door? I'm having issues with the ones I've found so far...flapping, stretching and just too loud.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Do you have a stock soft top? I like that the best. They're cheap to get secondhand and store nicely when you want a little more sun. Soft top up, doors and windows out is my preferred setup for the summer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
580 Posts
Saw this at the Offroad Expo and pretty impressed with it.

If I was to buy another one today, that would be the option I would go with.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Not 4dr or safari, but I'm happy with the Mopar SunBonnet(bikini) on my 2dr, half-door. I installed it early '14 and last winter was beyond chilly in central PA. In other words, the Bonnet has since been my roof, 24/7/365.

I think sagging is part of the equation with any soft top but I've only re-tightened anything on the Bonnet once. I don't notice any flapping. I may put in a bow to keep water from pooling. At home, I just park on a slope...everything drains into the "plugs removed" tub.

Obviously, with a 4dr, there's plenty more real estate for fabric to start a flappin'. A bow or two may be an answer to firming things up.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Not exactly a Safari or Bikini top, but have you considered the TrekTop NX? Can remove the rear windows and it functions as a Safari top without all the flapping. And has the sunrider feature, too!

Here's mine with Safari Straps rear panels installed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i've been pretty happy with my besttop bikini. i am still using it right now, even though it has been extremely cold.

noisy tops are primarily due to flapping against the soundbar. i built a little support using a wood 1x4, some PVC and foam pipe insulation (i can take a picture later if needed). it acts like the "hoop" on a soft top to keep everything properly stretched. i have heard of people getting the same effect by stuffing a pool noodle between the soundbar and top.

i typically run topless and doorless and keep the besttop bikini and homemade "hoop" rolled up under the rear seat in case of a random downpour.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have a mopar sunbonnet (gay ass name) that works with the factory door surrounds and its awesome. I run it as primary top from spring-fall.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I've got the Trextop NX and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up grabbing the Axia Offroad top. Pretty nice setup. It just uses one of their clamps on the rear rollbar and a standard header bar. I used my old bar from my bestop. This is by far the tightest top I've put on, and it only took a few minutes to attach. The other cool part is all metal buckles...no plastic to rot away in AZ! Here's a pic of the clamp.

I'll let everyone know how it holds up to highway use next!

They have good pics on the site www.axiaoffroad.com

Attachments

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts