JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my jk was parked outside my father's house 2 days ago and a guy happened to hit my car...car was moved 7 feet and tail light was all bent in. Luckily my bumper saved most of the car...but it is still to be determined if I will ever drive her again :bawling: as for the car who hit me....one word ....totalled

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Sorry to hear that your "Car" was smashed... Be glad you have a tough "Jeep" that can handle such abuse.

And post pics of the totalled car!

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Absolutely feel your anger, frustration, etc. I am in the same boat right now. Two positive notes....You are not hurt, and it looks like that stealth bumper maybe saved you from totaling it. Also good that you didn't have a lot of modifications. Very sorry to hear about this.

Hope the a$$hole has a good insurance company.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea he does...and no one was in the car so no one was hurt..and the other guy didnt get hurt either....heres his car...jus compare both damages and you'll see who is still left standing...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Those wheels and tires have got to go....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats this years project since gas was very high last summer..almost $5 a gallon high... but it will be determined if she is still drivable...

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's like loosing a close member of the family. . Well not exactly, more like loosing a close friend. ..Well not really, it's like loosing a pet cat, nope, make that a gerbil, no . . . how bout a gold fish. . Nope. I know, IT'S JUST A FREEKING CAR! Fix, it or forget it then move on. Great opportunity to upgrade to a 2009 Rubicon. I would pray it's a total.

Sorry to rant . . .Bad day. Hope all works out for the best.

·
Registered
227 Posts
well my jk was parked outside my father's house 2 days ago and a guy happened to hit my car...car was moved 7 feet and tail light was all bent in. Luckily my bumper saved most of the car...but it is still to be determined if I will ever drive her again :bawling: as for the car who hit me....one word ....totalled
Three dead kittens; I hope you're happy...

How did the perpetrator manage to hit you? Any toxicology requests on him? It takes a decided effort or lack of consciousness to hit a parked vehicle that effectively.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well he was not intoxicated...old person...he got his foot stuck on the acceleration and didn't want to hit the school bus so he hit my car...as for the update on the my jeep, it is still to be determined since the service manager hasn't given my jeep a visit at the shop and the insurance company also...

·
Registered
103 Posts
i sure hope all works out for you. i know exactly what you are going through, dealing with other peoples stupidity, insurance and the vehicle never being quite the same again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.