JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hope all are doing well. This is a shell of what once was an incredible site.
Yeah, a lot of factors came into play that diminished activity on the Forums. JL / JT have drawn a lot of former JK contributors to the new platform as well. Nice rigs but for that kind of money I'd build something. Geez, it's crazy. The new V8 JL will start at $73k. After the dealers get done adding every accessory and throwing their $10k additional profit onto it it will be $90k. I'd buy a couple vintage guitars with that kind of money! :cool:

·
Registered
2009 JK 2dr.. auto.. hardtop
19 Posts
well.. I would say.. look at the people looking for help & they get none really.. just ppl telling them some else besides the truth..

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
well.. I would say.. look at the people looking for help & they get none really.. just ppl telling them some else besides the truth..
The truth is more people should use the "google my problem site:jkowners.com "
before asking a question that has been covered a dozen times.
The truth is all this site used to be. Vendors/denizens used to get hammered for lying, now they get hugs.
There are still people who ask legit questions and get legit answers, but most people can not be bothered to find answers in old posts.
I never rag on people who have a history of looking first, or helping others.
The whiney bitches, though, that's different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I asked a question that I googled & called junk yards for a part.. called every yard n eastern PA & southern NJ.. then went on here and got like no true help.. so I just said screw it....

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
That's a Canadian website, bud. It's quite possible that wouldn't show up on a US google search
Read it. They have warehouses on both sides, no tariffs.
It was one of a dozen that popped up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the one you sent from that website is for TJ.. not JK.. I couldn't find 1 at a junkyard here... so that's y I asked if there was a nationwide junk yard for Jeeps. I just got mine Dec 30th.. so starting out here and was told nothing of any value.. look up my thread.. I responded to it tonight that I finally bought 1..

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Yeah, a lot of factors came into play that diminished activity on the Forums. JL / JT have drawn a lot of former JK contributors to the new platform as well. Nice rigs but for that kind of money I'd build something. Geez, it's crazy. The new V8 JL will start at $73k. After the dealers get done adding every accessory and throwing their $10k additional profit onto it it will be $90k. I'd buy a couple vintage guitars with that kind of money! :cool:
I never post on the JL forums. But i will say. The JL is a big upgrade from the JK. My wife daily drives a 2018 JL and it's awesome. Love the 3.6/8 speed combo. and supposedly the 2.0 is great too.
The JK kinda feels like the YJ did when the TJ came out lol.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I asked a question that I googled & called junk yards for a part.. called every yard n eastern PA & southern NJ.. then went on here and got like no true help.. so I just said screw it....
Lets recap.

You posted in the wrong section. Despite that, the first 2 answers to your thread told you other places to look. Post #6 and #7 gave you alternatives that have worked for others.

Id say that is pretty helpful but what is your definition of true help?? Were you expecting someone to be like "I have a spare bud and I live down the road. Let me just come right over"

This is the type of shit that gets people like Coilrod to roast on people.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Lets recap.

You posted in the wrong section. Despite that, the first 2 answers to your thread told you other places to look. Post #6 and #7 gave you alternatives that have worked for others.

Id say that is pretty helpful but what is your definition of true help?? Were you expecting someone to be like "I have a spare bud and I live down the road. Let me just come right over"

This is the type of shit that gets people like Coilrod to roast on people.
True and there are several places here in Jersey that would have one. Guess it's my fault for not posting their specifics/not seeing the bat signal soon enough.

I did recently help someone locate a d30 they were looking for-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
the one you sent from that website is for TJ.. not JK.. I couldn't find 1 at a junkyard here... so that's y I asked if there was a nationwide junk yard for Jeeps. I just got mine Dec 30th.. so starting out here and was told nothing of any value.. look up my thread.. I responded to it tonight that I finally bought 1..
This site isn't for everyone.
Take Dnoerr knob with you.

·
A JKO DICK
3,701 Posts
I never post on the JL forums. But i will say. The JL is a big upgrade from the JK. My wife daily drives a 2018 JL and it's awesome. Love the 3.6/8 speed combo. and supposedly the 2.0 is great too.
The JK kinda feels like the YJ did when the TJ came out lol.
Traded my old F150 and the Wife's Ford Edge for a 2020 Altitude with the Sky One Touch top. She wanted a convertible, but we couldn't find anything decent that she liked in a reasonable price range that we were comfortable paying while keeping the Edge, she needs 4wd. She loved my Jeeps, but hated the top. Well a power top Wrangler was the answer. Unfortunately the thing wandered like a JK with 4 inches of lift and no caster correction. I started looking into it and it's far to common. I was going to start with the dealer updates they have and add the suggestion solutions the interwebz has to offer, but the wife got an SUV as part of her bonus at Christmas, so we sold it. It was much nicer inside than the JK, and rode much better, but drove like shit. When I saw they were putting the 6.4 in them I cringed at the thought of trying to make that thing go straight with that much power.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts