JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pictures of the new Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Thanks Woods!!!!! You are the best!

Everyone needs one of these or you will end up like this.....

and

Thanks again Woods!! :D:D:D

**GO HERE**
http://www.jeepswag.com/

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Yep...one of the better...no best...aftermarket accessories that will do your JK good...too much overpriced caca out their...THIS is not one of them...a must have...nice job so-cal;)

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Dont that stabilizer need some type of fluid in it? reminds me of a "ripper" (a deep fried hotdog that starts to split open/ inside out...lol. Thanks for posting the Woods pics. IF POSSIBLE...can you post results of turning steering wheel full left/ full right during full droop pass side/ full droop drive side? any contacting or binding issues? Just curious...

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
IF POSSIBLE...can you post results of turning steering wheel full left/ full right during full droop pass side/ full droop drive side? any contacting or binding issues? Just curious...
Shouldn't be, quite a few people are running stabilizers in that position with no issue. I have a Fox one in a similar position with no issues, and it's a big stabilizer.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Dont that stabilizer need some type of fluid in it? reminds me of a "ripper" (a deep fried hotdog that starts to split open/ inside out...lol. Thanks for posting the Woods pics. IF POSSIBLE...can you post results of turning steering wheel full left/ full right during full droop pass side/ full droop drive side? any contacting or binding issues? Just curious...
There is some possible binding. If you do not have bump stops and the passenger side is fully compressed, you could hit the frame with the top of the shock bolt. And if you have a really fat steering stabilizer, you could end up with some rubbing on the track bar or tie rod. The only shock that I've seen that really causes any problems is the superlift SS. It has a very large diameter.

BTW, I've never had one of these returned, so I'm guessing that most folks are happy with it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does that steering stabilizer actually do anything? It looks so beat up.
Lol thats what i thougth too,but it still works,when i hit it on the rock it pissed out the front seal,but it still worked,so i put it back on,lol .got a friend at a Dealer who's going to warranty it for me.:innocent:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts