·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Welcome from So. Cal. No commies here, well maybe a few.....:beer:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats up SoCal...you got your rig over here?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:laughing: those things fool me everytime from far away. I have yet to see a modded one though. Does anyone know if there is an offroad park anywhere on the peninsula?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am down here at the Hump.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I was @ Camp Carroll back in 2002-2003. Fun going through some old pix!

When you're a 249 gunner, everyone wants to pose with your weapon.

Flaming Dr.Peppers!

Eat @ Bennigans b4 hitting up the Discoteque ooah ooah

Me @ the M-249 range

backwards nazis? or buddist temple, YOU make the call

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you mean with the 249. Everybody and their brother wants to shoot the minigun. HEHE. Man I love that thing. Nice timing on the flame pic man.:beer::pissed:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sup dude!

I just got back from KUNSAN.. Man I'm glad to be back here and not back in korea :thefinger:

Enjoy the food, I miss it allready

·
Registered
966 Posts
Enjoy the food, I miss it allready
x2, and when you come back and get a craving for some bulgoki of bibimbob, get ready to pay through the nose. I got used to going out to eat a kick ass meal for like 3-5000 won, go to a Korean resteraunt here and look to pay like $20 per person. And the ones around here. . . none of those free sides I used to get in Korea are free, and they charge for kimchi!!! That shxt is lke ketchup in Korea, you dont pay for it unless you want a freakin jug to take home lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
x2, and when you come back and get a craving for some bulgoki of bibimbob, get ready to pay through the nose. I got used to going out to eat a kick ass meal for like 3-5000 won, go to a Korean resteraunt here and look to pay like $20 per person. And the ones around here. . . none of those free sides I used to get in Korea are free, and they charge for kimchi!!! That shxt is lke ketchup in Korea, you dont pay for it unless you want a freakin jug to take home lol

Yup for $20 bucks overthere you can still feed 4 people... heck I had beef on a leaf and with me and my friends, we came out stuffed and we only paid 18,000 won

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just got the paperwork dropped for the wife to come over. I will be shipping the Jeep out here. :bounce: Anybody know of some places to wheel?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Welcome. Send me some c-rat kimchee and Sojou. Fought with the "Tiger Division in Nam.

·
Registered
865 Posts
my daughter and son-in-law got word this week that they are going to korea. no idea where yet. he is Army and still in training. thank you for your service

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks redneck....Is he in AIT?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I was there twice with the USS Essex - neat place. While there I did manage to snap a few pictures of South Korean Jeeps.

That is cool shit, what is that based on? A CJ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any JK Owners In South Korea?

Yes, I know there are. I've seen many. But since it's been over a year since someone from Korea has posted here, thought I'd bump us up the list, and maybe get some chatter going about getting offroad and camping in Korea.

I'm working out of USAG Humphreys, and living in the AnJung-ri area. I know the Koreans love Jeeps, but I see that they mostly go for the Rubicons. A Rubicon with a diesel, nice... :smokin: I've heard of some good wheeling somewhere just west of Seoul. Anyone, here in Korea, know of good trails?

Attached is a picture of ours. I bought it here, and did most of the upgrades myself at the auto hobby shop. The only thing I had to farm out was the gears--didn't have the tools, time or experience to tackle myself.

Look forward to hearing from others here.

Regards,
Charles...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I know there are. I've seen many. But since it's been over a year since someone from Korea has posted here, thought I'd bump us up the list, and maybe get some chatter going about getting offroad and camping in Korea.

I'm working out of USAG Humphreys, and living in the AnJung-ri area. I know the Koreans love Jeeps, but I see that they mostly go for the Rubicons. A Rubicon with a diesel, nice... :smokin: I've heard of some good wheeling somewhere just west of Seoul. Anyone, here in Korea, know of good trails?

Attached is a picture of ours. I bought it here, and did most of the upgrades myself at the auto hobby shop. The only thing I had to farm out was the gears--didn't have the tools, time or experience to tackle myself.

Look forward to hearing from others here.

Regards,
Charles...
Where did you find the mud, had I known it was to be found in such a large city we would of brought our jeep on our three year tour. Now I might have to go buy a new one to go play with. Let me know if you find some good trails, need a good excuse to get out of the Hyundai junker i have now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts