JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Wrangler sport that occasionally tow behind a Motorhome. The Jeep has a auxiliary brake system that requires 12 volt power from the battery. I have installed a 12 volt battery charger to keep the battery charged while being towed. I have grounded the charger to the battery negative post. I was advised that the charger should NOT be grounded to the battery post due to creating a problem with a possible current sensor regulating charging from the alternator.
Any thoughts anyone?
Jack

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
What kind of charger is it? How do you have the charger grounded to the battery? I guess a better question would be, exactly how is it hooked up? Are you using it to charge the battery at night while stopped, or while being towed?

Either way, I doubt it is causing any issues with the Jeep's charging system, as long as you aren't running the charger while actually driving the Jeep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I know the thread is old. But the question remains the same. I also want to put the 12 W inverter for using the washer dryer in my RV while camping. Is it enough for this purpose? To tell the truth, we after travel, and my job is linked with long roads. So such kind of equipment is very necessary for me 10 Best RV Washer Dryer Combo Reviews 2020 — Buying Guide. I have read many reviews and I understood that it is the easiest way to keep my clothes clean and dry. But honestly, I'm not good at technical and I do not understand how to install and connect it. Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts