JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A finally got my Rustynuts fiberglass hood delivered. Delivery was a huge PITA, as they used some rinky-dink shipper that has no idea how to use the internet or GPS, and took them a week to find my house :shaking: . I ended up staying on the phone with their driver, which spoke very little English, for 15 minutes guiding him to my house from the freeway.

They claim that the hood is half the weight of the factory hood. The hood I recieved weighed 21.4# with nothing attached. My factory 2008 hood weighed 30.6# with everything attached. So my Rustynuts hood is 8-9 pounds lighter than factory. The hood comes with no holes drilled for fasteners or sprayer, so you will need to line the hood up on the Jeep and mark/drill your holes. The hood comes with a black semi-gloss finish on the top, and bare fiberglass on the bottom. The hood is actually thicker and more rigid than I expected, much more rigid than the fiberglass body panels you see on desert-racing trucks.

The hood as delivered:
Property Product Automotive exterior Furniture Table

The hood with Poly Performance louvers installed. I didn't overdo it with louvers, just kept it clean and simple;
Product Swimming pool Table Furniture Rectangle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

For now, im using the louver hole to index my hood holder;
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive exterior Subcompact car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next, I had to install a sprayer. I bough a cheap one for a few bucks, drilled a hole, and installed in just a few minutes. The sprayer from the factory hood will not work with this hood.

Water Water resources Waterway Automotive exterior Mode of transport

Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Car Pipe

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Next, I will weatherstrip the gaps on the sides and possibly install hood locks.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
Nice Pool! The heck with the hood! It is cold up here! We are jelous...

Cool hood too!

RK

A finally got my Rustynuts fiberglass hood delivered. Delivery was a huge PITA, as they used some rinky-dink shipper that has no idea how to use the internet or GPS, and took them a week to find my house :shaking: . I ended up staying on the phone with their driver, which spoke very little English, for 15 minutes guiding him to my house from the freeway.

They claim that the hood is half the weight of the factory hood. The hood I recieved weighed 21.4# with nothing attached. My factory 2008 hood weighed 30.6# with everything attached. So my Rustynuts hood is 8-9 pounds lighter than factory. The hood comes with no holes drilled for fasteners or sprayer, so you will need to line the hood up on the Jeep and mark/drill your holes. The hood comes with a black semi-gloss finish on the top, and bare fiberglass on the bottom. The hood is actually thicker and more rigid than I expected, much more rigid than the fiberglass body panels you see on desert-racing trucks.

The hood as delivered:
View attachment 45473

The hood with Poly Performance louvers installed. I didn't overdo it with louvers, just kept it clean and simple;
View attachment 45474

View attachment 45475

For now, im using the louver hole to index my hood holder;
View attachment 45476

View attachment 45477

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.