JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Chicago area out towards Aurora Illinois and was wondering if there's anybody in the area to look at my frame on my 07 Wrangler Sport Sahara the back frame going from the driver side to the passenger side is rusted out where your hitch hooks in and I need to replace that piece of frame what do you recommend. Is there any place that sells replacement frame parts or what is the best way to repair I don't want to put a bandaid on it. thanks dudes much appreciated this is my first Forum ever

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's my first time hearing about a JK frame actually rotting out. Thank goodness mine is 7 years old and never seen snow, salt or rain. I bought my Jeep to replace a sports car, so while the body is hammered up pretty good... It's 100% rust free body, frame, axles and suspension.

You should be able to cut that segment out and go to a salvage yard and cut out and buy that same segment. Weld it in, plate it a bit and call it good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
That's my first time hearing about a JK frame actually rotting out. Thank goodness mine is 7 years old and never seen snow, salt or rain. I bought my Jeep to replace a sports car, so while the body is hammered up pretty good... It's 100% rust free body, frame, axles and suspension.

You should be able to cut that segment out and go to a salvage yard and cut out and buy that same segment. Weld it in, plate it a bit and call it good.

Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
With what? That's a common way to splice in frame sections of your restoring a car. It's a piece of metal, so cut out and weld in. It's pretty straight forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts