JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the Black Box (like a sPOD).
Switches are in the A-Pillar.
The Black Box is installed behind the Glove box on the inside of the firewall.

I got 12 wires bundled and sheathed to run from the box to the A-Pillar.
I tried going up over the radio and back down. Road block.

I have pulled the upper dash but not the lower but I suspect that's the route that will work.
Anyone done something like this and how'd you do it?

:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Serious? A pillar to over/ behind te instrument cluster to under the radio to the bottom of the glove box. Easy. My aux speaker wire is routed that way. You didnt take the dash of then.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Serious? A pillar to over/ behind te instrument cluster to under the radio to the bottom of the glove box. Easy. My aux speaker wire is routed that way. You didnt take the dash of then.
I guess I should have noted this is a '12 JK.

One has to pull the top of the entire dash (left side to passenger bag) off to have access to where the radio is.
The instrument cluster remains in place and there's way to put the wire bundle over or behind it unless it's removed.
With that said, if the cluster comes out easily I'd love to give it a shot.

I swapped my OEM 130 for a 430N so I got that part worked out fine, but havedn't run a 1/2 inch bundle of wires from left to right in the JK before. That's why I'm asking the best route for it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not run them up the pass side A pillar, over the top of the windshield, and then down the drivers side A pillar? Path of least resistance, know what I mean?
That's my next plan. I didn't want to have to pull the side with the passenger air bag.
Worth a shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts