JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of buying all my PSC stuff for my jeep ive got a bfh with trail stinger on the way along with some brawler rockers and a 9.5cti. Ive been running ideas threw my head what i want to do with the rear end of my jeep as far as a spare goes. Where i wheel i find myself doing ALOT of steep hill climbs would running a rear tire carrier on the back with a 37in toyo affect my performance making the jeep want to flip eaiser or does it really matter? I need some input on guys that wheel the piss out of there rigs (esp 2 doors). I like the rear bfh and have no problem cutting the fram rails. I also like the idea of being able to move my spare out of the back so i could have more room for tools and even throw my rear seat back in if i wanted to. I like the brawler rear with tire carrier but between it and my 37in toyo on the back thats going to be alot of weight. Any of you guys do good hill climbs with the tire carrier on the back?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally wouldn't think that running your spare out back will make that much of a difference as far as flipping back. Actually at TDS I saw a 2 door get saved from rolling back by its spare hitting the ground preventing a roll backwards attempting a steep climb. He just stood on his spare until he gassed it in reverse to come back down on all four. I run a 37 toyo on steel wheels and to mitigate weight I run a genright aluminum tire carrier that weighs something like 30-40lbs and it would look awesome with your BFH.
How wide of a tire can you stuff in that genright unit? How much space do you have between the tire and the rear gate with your 37in toyo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.