JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 stock JK. 25,000 miles. The other day it wouldn’t start just one click. No sign of weak battery. The fuse box wasn’t closed all the way (from last service presumably). No engine light code, just dashes then Done. Would prefer to avoid needing to get it towed to the dealer to fix, or ideally fix myself but would need to be simple. Very clean, no signs of corrosion. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Start by testing your battery, Take it to O'Reillys or Napa or any place that tests them, generally for free, Probably a dead cell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 stock JK. 25,000 miles. The other day it wouldn’t start just one click. No sign of weak battery. The fuse box wasn’t closed all the way (from last service presumably). No engine light code, just dashes then Done. Would prefer to avoid needing to get it towed to the dealer to fix, or ideally fix myself but would need to be simple. Very clean, no signs of corrosion. Any ideas? Thanks.
I’d start by making sure your terminal connectors are tight. My ground cable was loose and gave the same symptoms. Best of luck!!

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,433 Posts
The likelihood of the OP following up on this thread is low.
I've seen several instances where people attempt to use the terminal clamp nut to add on a feed or ground connection, not understanding that by doing that, they are effectively leaving the terminal clamps loose. I've seen it mostly with stupid stereo installs and lazy winch installs where the terminal connectors are huge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to put fog lights in, they are led lights. only two wires, one red one black. I know the red goes to hot. where can I put the black wire ,so the lights will work with the factory switch ? There's no switch on the wires now. I know it sounds like a dumb question, But I want it to be right. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts