JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys - I know a lot of you have been INCREDIBLY patiently waiting for your Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper. We ended up going through a couple of design iterations before we had something we were happy with, but that is all behind us. The first XHD Rears should be shipping out tomorrow.

Thanks again for your patience, and I'd love to see some install pics when you get it in your hands!

Later,
Dave

· Registered
121 Posts
My XHD front bumper indeed has a lot of patience waiting for his "mate".. Only then and only then will he be a "happy" front bumper...;)

Thanks for the "heads up" and now waiting for the details from Quadratec..

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Guys - I know a lot of you have been INCREDIBLY patiently waiting for your Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper. We ended up going through a couple of design iterations before we had something we were happy with, but that is all behind us. The first XHD Rears should be shipping out tomorrow.

Thanks again for your patience, and I'd love to see some install pics when you get it in your hands!

Later,
Dave
They just started to ship yesterday. If you got it before that you do not have a Rugged Ridge Rear XHD.
Do you have any pictures of this new, updated version? How does it differ from anything that came prior? Can you elaborate on any tire carrier it might have. Can it handle 37's or above?

Thanks! :bounce:

p.s. - you guys are planning on getting some yellow stars, right? ;)

· Registered
1,068 Posts
x2 on any picture updates!

I think the yellow star is a little different here. He is not a vendor. You cant go to Rugged Ridge (Omix) and buy parts like a vendor, trust me, I have tried. All he is doing is saying the bumpers should be shipping from all the vendors who should have yellow stars.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have any pictures of this new, updated version? How does it differ from anything that came prior? Can you elaborate on any tire carrier it might have. Can it handle 37's or above?

Thanks! :bounce:

p.s. - you guys are planning on getting some yellow stars, right? ;)
The bumper looks identical to all of the published photos. The primary difference was some reinforcing of the sub-structure to better handle the tire carrier.

The tire carrier is a bit different from what was shown at SEMA last year. It uses tapered roller bearings in the hinge, an industrial latch to close it, and it now has provisions for re-using the OE third brake light. And yes - it can handle 37's. We spent a lot of time making sure that this thing is silent. We test for noise on a badly washboarded dirt road not far from the office and once it was adjusted properly, it was eerily quiet. Now - just so you know the tire carrier isn't shipping yet. It should follow really soon - but I don't want anyone to be caught off guard. That said, due to the modular nature of the system, adding the tire carrier after the fact is a simple affair.

On the yellow star thing, feel free to PM me the pitch. I'm in engineering, and therefore have no control over marketing expenditures, but I can run it up the flagpole. That said - Jeremy is right - we don't sell direct, but encourage you to go through any of the fine vendors who do sponsor the site.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
I think the yellow star is a little different here. He is not a vendor. You cant go to Rugged Ridge (Omix) and buy parts like a vendor, trust me, I have tried. All he is doing is saying the bumpers should be shipping from all the vendors who should have yellow stars.
Hmmmm.... maybe a Yellow Star is unnecessary. I donno. Nice to hear from you guys though.

So, is this what the current bumper looks like?

Not bad looking. I wish it were a "stubby" version so that if I ever decided to run tube fenders it wouldn't look funny. Oh well. Do you have any pictures of the updated tire carrier. I'd love to see details. Can it mount a HiLift? How about a CB antenna?

· Registered
242 Posts
Dave,

Any idea of how fast these are shipping? I just got off the phone with 4WD Hardware, who holds my backorder, and they said they're getting in 1 this week, which seems very low for a large supplier, followed by 30 in mid-November. Since I'm number 4 on the list, I'm SOL till then. I'm trying to be patient on this, but it's starting to get pretty old...

· Registered
1,163 Posts
I just received my RR XHD rear bumper from 4wheelerssupply.com. Placed my order back in June. The price plus free shipping was worth the wait. The tire carrier ships separate and is about 2 weeks behind the bumper. I'll show some pictures when I install it.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dave,

Any idea of how fast these are shipping? I just got off the phone with 4WD Hardware, who holds my backorder, and they said they're getting in 1 this week, which seems very low for a large supplier, followed by 30 in mid-November. Since I'm number 4 on the list, I'm SOL till then. I'm trying to be patient on this, but it's starting to get pretty old...
They are shipped out in the order that they were ordered from us. Since I'm not on the sales side of the business I don't know any specifics about your bumper or 4WD orders. I do know we received enough from the factory to satisfy all back orders in our system, and that hundreds have gone out in the last week.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.