JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those that have followed the development thread regarding the soon to be released XHD JK Modular Snorkel all I can say is..

THANK YOU....

2007 - 2011 (3.8L) Wrangler (2dr) and Unlimited (4dr)

I'm here to tell you ..We are heading into full production as of 4/9/2012.
We expect to have all components in and ready for kitting /shipping this June.

At this time we are not taking pre-orders (this might change so stay tuned). I will keep this short and list a few details.

There are three part numbers for the Snorkel system: (1) 17756.20 - Full Kit - Includes both the low mount design and the high mount ram intake
MSRP - will be $399.99 (look for possible special offers from any number of retailers) We can not
sell direct.

(2) 17756.07 - Low mount kit - includes only the low mount design.
MSRP - will be $369.99 (As noted above regarding retailers)

(3) 17756.07 - Optional high mount ram intake (to be purchased at a later date if desired)
MSRP - $89.99 (As noted above.)

I wanted to get this posted and will update this thread with a little more information next week . I will also try to take the information from the older development post and hit some of the most common asked questions regarding the snorkel...

Again, thank you for all your input and feedback.. It was all taken in during the development of this product!

I will be posting images and data information on this new thread as we get closer to the June date. I will be moe than happy to answer all the questions you have if you have not been following the development of this new product.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Happy Birthday to me! :gluging: :bounce: :thankyou:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm very excited about this and glad its coming to market very very soon. I anticipate it being one of my near future upgrades. I personally got a chance to see this snorkel at the GA International Auto Show, and was so impressed how it installed. I refused to have a snorkel because most designs limited install methods or massive body work to install such as cutting panels. This is clearly a much better option for those of us who use window mounted light systems. CANT WAIT!!! I would love to be the first to own one :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, I'm happy to hear its gonna be coming out in June. But....it won't fit my 2012 so kinda sad that myself and many others will have to wait till probably next year. Hurry it up already because I have made up my mind and this is the one I am waiting for lol :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
So any pictures of said system?? I appreciate that your quality has been improving as of late and might actually pic this up!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just waiting for pics. For me it'ws either this or the River Raider. I figure if I get one that mounts on the A-pillar it won't last long.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
wow. i like it, REALLY like it.
how much ,if any, cutting is there to install?
I dont really need a snorkel, i stay out of water/mud but its all over the place here and if it isnt muddy its ultra dusty.

did a quick google and found these:

Maybe i missed something somewhere but here is a small article about it with what i presume the under the hood parts look like...
here

"Furthermore, for those worried about having to hack up your Jeep to install it, never fear. Minimal modification to the fender is the only requirement as opposed to more invasive kits. The lower air cleaner box installs in place of the OEM so you’ll be up and running in no time."
NICE!

·
Registered
261 Posts
With the lower kit how much deeper can you go vs the stock air box?

Sent from my imagination.

·
Registered
11 Posts
looks really nice. Im curious on the Minimal modification to the fender part. Looks like obviously no cutting of hood or cowl, but probably a hole in the wall between the cowl and the engine bay? Gotta look at my 2012 again.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.