JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

We just wanted to let you know that the Omix group of companies is now a JKO sponsor. While we don't sell direct, we recognize that being in tune to the end consumer needs is critical in making sure that we offer the right products at the right price to you guys. We hope to be able to better communicate new product releases to you, and to be able to answer product questions as well. You've got a great community here, and we're happy to be part of it now.

Thanks for all of the business - past and future,
The Omix-Ada team

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Welcome to the board. I have your front XHD bumper, and it looks like I'll be receiving the tire carrier part of your rear bumper this week. I ordered the bumper & tire carrier last June! I guess you guys are pretty busy keeping up with demand, huh? :smokin:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the board. I have your front XHD bumper, and it looks like I'll be receiving the tire carrier part of your rear bumper this week. I ordered the bumper & tire carrier last June! I guess you guys are pretty busy keeping up with demand, huh? :smokin:
Glad you like the XHD, and thanks for your patience on the Tire Carrier. It took longer than we planned, but we wanted to make sure that it was a product you'd be glad you purchased. We are definitely staying busy!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Great to have you here. These guys have great customer service. Still think you guys need to consider selling the mirror hole covers as a separate item. I think you would sell a few.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also have your XHD bumper w/ stinger. now im saving for your RRC Side Armor Guards... (hopefully by the end of March if i can convince da wifey):bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So whats the official on alloy usa? Are you honoring the 10 year warranty? I have heard through the web there have been warranty claims denied.

Jason
Short Answer - Yes.

Long Answer -
January 2, 2009; Effective immediately Ultra Axle LLC, has joined forces with its sole distributor Omix-ADA, Inc. to offer a program that will support warranty claims arising from purchases that occurred before the dissolve of the former Alloy USA. Additionally, we will continue to offer a Limited 10yr Warranty on all Alloy USA™, and a Limited 5yr Warranty on all Precision Gear™ for the purchases that has been shipped by Omix-Ada starting from Nov 15, 2008. Even better, we have created a program to empower our customers to support the consumers who have warranty requests from the past.

The program designed by Omix-ADA, Inc. allows consumers to return the product to the retailer where it was purchased along with the original receipt and request a warranty replacement. Those retailers who have joined Omix-ADA, Inc. and sell the Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear™ products have been provided a 5% allowance from Omix-ADA, Inc. to be used to satisfy those eligible warranty claims for products that sold before the move to Omix-ADA, Inc and is a limited offer to encourage the smooth transition. This 5% allowance for old warranty is equal to 5% of the Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear™ products purchased directly by the distributor from Omix-ADA, Inc in 2009. For example, a distributor who purchases $100,000 of Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear ™ products from Omix-Ada can request up to $5,000 eligible warranty claims for the old Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear™ products distributed by the previous ownership. All warranty must be sent to Omix-ADA, Inc. by the direct distributors freight prepaid for inspection.

This great support for warranty needs from the past is in addition to full support for the 10yr/5yr warranty for all Alloy USA™ & Precision Gear™ product purchased directly by our distributors from Omix-ADA, Inc. And please keep in mind that Omix-Ada, Inc. has no retail division and all the transactions (including warranty) must be handled by Omix-Ada’s direct distributors.
To put that in English, any Alloy USA axles that were purchased since November 15, 2008 have the full 10 year limited warranty. Axles that were purchased prior to November 15, 2008 are still covered by the 10 year limited warranty, but the warranty credit (that 5% allowance) is limited to those distributors who have committed to ongoing business with us. A distributor who has chosen not to maintain the relationship would not be getting the warranty credit, and thus might be putting out the message that the warranty is not being honored. That is not the case.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have front and rear bumper - kinda surprised I had to do a little creative grinding to fit in my Superwinch 9.5... but that's another story. Do you think you will ever make the front bar with light tabs?

Here is my bumper...

Here is how I had to mount lights on the bumper... you can also see where I had to mod the bumper for the winch...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
To be honest. I got more RR items on my JK that any other brand. And the bumpers are soon to be mine. Although i have to trick tha wife so she wont notice the boxes on the driveway. I like the quality and the price of RR. Keep the good work.:smokin:

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The time is nearing that i will be purchasing rocker guards (either this week or next check in 2 weeks:bounce2::bounce:) and i am still leaning towards the RRC's. Do you or anyone have some straight on pics that i can see. All i can find are the manufacturer pics that are on an angle. Also do you lose much if any clearance with this item?

These are the two im looking at...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_600_07.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_0222_07.htm
I don't have any straight on pics. Sorry. I can tell you that no clearance is sacrificed with either part. The version without the step obviously has more clearance than the one with the step, but neither version hangs lower than the frame.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't have any straight on pics. Sorry. I can tell you that no clearance is sacrificed with either part. The version without the step obviously has more clearance than the one with the step, but neither version hangs lower than the frame.
thanks. im leaning towards the non-step, however i noticed the install time on the one with the step says 1-2 hrs, while the non-step says 2-4. isnt the installation the same on both?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks. im leaning towards the non-step, however i noticed the install time on the one with the step says 1-2 hrs, while the non-step says 2-4. isnt the installation the same on both?
The installation is identical between the two, and you would have to take quite a few breaks to stretch the installation out to an hour. It doesn't hurt to have another person available to hold the opposite end while you are fastening the first end, but a jack will also suffice.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was looking at the rocker guards as well (I saw them first on Gearz). I was wondering if there is a better picture of the bottom of the guard that shows the protection it offers the rocker panel.

I would also like to know the answer to the bumper adding winch and light tabs.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.