JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ladies and gents, I cleared it with gramps down south and they are available on the 8th and 9th of November to run the Rug road. This time we are going in at Mammoth and running over to Turkey Creek on the 8th. We will be camping for those that want to. The 9th of November will just be an easy day out to Willcox and back home.

Much more relaxing this way since no one has to break camp and get ready for the trail. If you want you can sleep in and enjoy the day in turkey creek or willcox.

Time: TBD

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't mention no names. You let the cat out of the bag.

I have posted this with Sierra Vista Off Road since I know that they were chomping at the bit to go. Crisco says he is going but leaving all deep frying instruments at home.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
who knew it would take this long for the rains to end eh randy?
You know Greg. I didn't go earlier like I had wanted. A friend of mine flew over the area and it had not received the rain like we did in Nogales so it wasn't a green and nice..... There was a big difference in greenery!

So we will follow Jim through. For you avid campers if you google earth it, and look hard enough you'll find another cabin South of Parson Grove. Taking the road through the orchard there at Parsons going South.. :bounce:

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its only 2 miles south we could run down and look at it. Grid coordinate is

32°47'57.9"N 110°27'51.7"W

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
This sounds like a winner and we're going to try to get the equipment in time for the trip! :thankyou:

The most important thing for older people is an air mattress! If you don't get a battery powered air blower for your mattress there will always be an over inflated young military type around willing to part with some hot air! LOL

BTW I have a sierra 3 man tent I used to carry in Mexico that I don't use anymore.. 2 pole free standing, but not tall enough to stand up in.... Don't use it anymore along with a much bigger tent sleeps like 6 for the really big sheep get togethers...

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The most important thing for older people is an air mattress! If you don't get a battery powered air blower for your mattress there will always be an over inflated young military type around willing to part with some hot air! LOL

BTW I have a sierra 3 man tent I used to carry in Mexico that I don't use anymore.. 2 pole free standing, but not tall enough to stand up in.... Don't use it anymore along with a much bigger tent sleeps like 6 for the really big sheep get togethers...
Battery powered blower works for his dolls too. :cwm13:

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts