JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on Rug road run on the 24th and 25th of May. I haven't decided if I want to start in Mammoth and head east or start in Willcox and head west. I will figure this out in a week or two.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just remember this is Memorial day weekend as well.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and I need a spare seat. I took out my rear seat and seatbelts and my brother and nephew are going. So let me know if you have a spare seat available. I will bring their gear just need a spot for them to park their ass.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how difficult of a trail is this? those of you that have seen me wheel can it be done?
Yes it can be done. Only a couple of sections where you need not drive like a bull through a china shop. We took a guy out last year in bone stock jeep and he made it. He just listened to us. Do you have sliders?

I will be sure to pack the oil in my ass.:D

FIFY:nono-1:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Well, is anyone concerned about no fires in the forest rule? Since our camping spot isn't an official campground we can only have open flames on a cook stove. No big bonfire. Unless we camp on the mesa where we won't be bothered, but might be windy. Oh, that's right you pussies can't camp on hard ground.... Well, Jim, post up your ideas.....

Personally I think it would be cool to run it just after it starts raining to enjoy the greenery.....
My 2.5 cents worth. No sheep, butter or oil was used while posting this.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Well, is anyone concerned about no fires in the forest rule? Since our camping spot isn't an official campground we can only have open flames on a cook stove. No big bonfire. Unless we camp on the mesa where we won't be bothered, but might be windy. Oh, that's right you pussies can't camp on hard ground.... Well, Jim, post up your ideas.....

Personally I think it would be cool to run it just after it starts raining to enjoy the greenery.....
My 2.5 cents worth. No sheep, butter or oil was used while posting this.
I officially call our spot a campground with large rock fire ring.

This will probably be last cooler weather till fall for this trip and Jim's company is here that weekend also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
363 Posts
okay so who has extra vehicle butt space for this trip and extra tent and sleeping gear? Since we no longer have a back seat Jim is going to have to find room for his nephew, brother and my eldest son, as I will be in my usual co pilots chair.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts