JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my rear axle (stock Rubicon) housing and all, with an x model with a detroit locker in it. Diagnostic codes that I can't figure out are C102A Left rear wheel speed comparative performance. C1035 Right rear wheel speed comparative performance. The speedometer won't work at first and the Jeep stalls, but then the speedo starts working, and the stalling stops. I have replaced both sensors with new ones, I have checked the brake fluid, and I now hate JK-Forum, they are the reason people call J/Ks Gay/ks. I need help please.:suicide:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Codes are similar so replace Left with Right below if needed:

When the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) reading is different from the readings received from the other sensors at a vehicle speed above 40 km/h (25 mph). The Anti-Lock Brake Module compares WSS readings from side-to-side on an axle and front-to-rear.

Possible Causes:
LEFT REAR WSS LOOSE - B3, B4 CIRCUITS/CONNECTOR/TERMINAL DAMAGE
IMPROPER LEFT REAR TIRE PRESSURE/MISMATCHED TIRES
LEFT REAR TONE WHEEL DAMAGE
AXLE SHAFT FASTENER HARDWARE
LEFT REAR WSS
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE

I assume it stalls the first time after you clear the codes but then it drives ok after setting the codes because it ignores those speed sensors with the codes set.

Not sure what kind of deal you got on this but since it's been apart before you had it you might want to check the tone wheel and axle shafts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we installed brand new nito chromo axle shafts, nothing appeared messed up. Why do you think the left side for [email protected] Just wondering. tires match, pressure is cool. and are you saying I should put the left sensor on the right? or did I mis understand somethng? and thank you, that sounded like an answer, I just have a limited mechanical understanding of this problem so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
481 Posts
we installed brand new nito chromo axle shafts, nothing appeared messed up. Why do you think the left side for [email protected] Just wondering. tires match, pressure is cool. and are you saying I should put the left sensor on the right? or did I mis understand somethng? and thank you, that sounded like an answer, I just have a limited mechanical understanding of this problem so I'm not sure.
I don't assume the left side, just saying what I posted is the diganostic for the left and right. So instead of me posting it twice you can just substitute left for right to diagnose the other side. I think you have a problem on both sides related to the install

Sounds like something isn't together right or as joeglock suggested something is missing

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Did you put the tone rings in the new shafts and did you make sure tge sensors are hooked up?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Tone rings were installed from nitro and the sensors were hooked up in the correct location. He even bought new rear sensors and replaced them.

Robbie, we may have to get together again next weekend and ill go over all of the it. Does it stall if you pull both rear sensors? I know the lights will be on, but it should stop the stalling.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm Stomer78, obvious malfunction in filling out the fields on my part. I will pull the sensors sometime this weekend and let you know what's up after that. My wife's B'day party is Sunday, So I can't come back up this weekend. We are considering changing our departure day for the trip (for obvious reasons).

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you want to test the sensor diaconect the wiring harnes from the sensor. Jack the wheel off the ground conect the sensor to a volt meter. Spin the tire and check for voltage. Or find some one with a good scan tool like the snap on soulus. Drive and check monitor each wheel with the tool

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd pull the sensor and stick my finger In there and feel if the tone wheel is solid. if you can see in there spin the wheel and see how the tone wheel tracks.

I'll bet money it's not the sensors themselves.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey man, I have had some issues with that and it was stretched wires. I spliced new ones and replaced the front on my rubicon.
I'm checking the wires now. Now consider this, is it B/C it is a x model axle housing under a Rubicon?, has anyone else had these problems after putting a detroit under a Rubicon?
and thanks you guys, a lot, it's nice to know someone is reading this crap this early in the morning on Sat.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.