JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Looks like an awesome time.

Running the Rubicon is my 2013 vacation plan.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
nice vid. I blew a hydro line the last time out as well....made for a messy trail repair.......and a slow drive home.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice. I hope to make a trip up there soon. Looks like it is in pretty good condition now. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Nice. I hope to make a trip up there soon. Looks like it is in pretty good condition now. Thanks for sharing.
dont you mean down there:laughing::beer:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice vid. I blew a hydro line the last time out as well....made for a messy trail repair.......and a slow drive home.
Yep, messy as hell. Luckily, it got repaired before I hit the pavement. After I saw the vid, I couldn't believe how violently those lines unload when they blow. Makes me cringe at the thought of all those buggies that run hydro lines under the steering column.

Trail is the easiest in years! lots of boulders and rocks were moved out of the way for trail erosion prevention and so the new restroom could be serviced. A few JKs had rubi-lockers that stopped working (including a JK in my group) and smaller tires and they did the trail fine - something that couldn't be done last year.

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
Yep... DD and myself were talking earlier about this.

Last year we had a Rubicon on 35s with us and he was having issues most of the trail, this year... one locker and 31s would probably be sufficient if you took the easier lines.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to say hello to you guys while I was in camp. I'm the guy who cheated with my doors on, going through the water before the slabs, down to Buck. I did find your camp when I was scavanging firewood, sunday night. Tell Vicky, nice artwork... :D I saw one of your club members, when I left, monday morning. Kind of a strange trip for me. I wheeled most of the time without the group. I did see the vids of the Sluice Box :smokin:. Maybe I'll see you guys in Calico.

Rob

·
Registered
969 Posts
What are those big grey round things you kept driving over? Didn't look like the mud and sand we have.

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to say hello to you guys while I was in camp. I'm the guy who cheated with my doors on, going through the water before the slabs, down to Buck. I did find your camp when I was scavanging firewood, sunday night. Tell Vicky, nice artwork... :D I saw one of your club members, when I left, monday morning. Kind of a strange trip for me. I wheeled most of the time without the group. I did see the vids of the Sluice Box :smokin:. Maybe I'll see you guys in Calico.

Rob

I think that must have been me you saw Sunday night.... and assume you were the one that answered my question as i came up the waterfall right after buck island dam. And whoa.... Vicki is tattooless. But wow.... s/he is infamous. :)

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
abendx in the box!

So here he is! Don't really think he expected a bunch of JKO'ers around when he decided to run Little Sluice, but he ended up getting himself a film crew. :grinpimp: Pretty much abendx's entire run, so a little long (13m) , but I did cut out about 10 minutes of non-eventful moments. 8:25, 9:29 are when he gets tippy.

‪Rubicon.mpg‬‏ - YouTube

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
You kick ass Mark! Great video. Now I have FamilyJK's amazing edited version that makes it look too easy and yours that shows most of the real story! Thanks man... all the stuff you and the rest of the NorCal group have done really means a lot.

·
Registered
150 Posts
dont you mean down there:laughing::beer:
I am thinking altitude not latitude I guess.

Trail is the easiest in years! lots of boulders and rocks were moved out of the way for trail erosion prevention and so the new restroom could be serviced. A few JKs had rubi-lockers that stopped working (including a JK in my group) and smaller tires and they did the trail fine - something that couldn't be done last year.
We ran in from the Tahoe side yesterday. Seems like the Tahoe side is far worse than I have seen it over the last couple of years. I think I used my front locker once but I am not sure I needed it. It is not tough compared to the Loon side but it was wet and there were lots of boulders around. Cadillac was a parking lot with traffic going both ways. It was a good but busy trip down in. Lots of people setting up for the Jamboree.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yep, messy as hell. Luckily, it got repaired before I hit the pavement. After I saw the vid, I couldn't believe how violently those lines unload when they blow. Makes me cringe at the thought of all those buggies that run hydro lines under the steering column.

We finished the trail this weekend and all said the same thing. The trail seemed like a rough road until little sluice. Disappointing, but at least it is open.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Great video. Brings back memories of our club's 2004 run. Need to go back and do it in the Jake.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts