JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran the Rubicon with members of the NorCal Broncos 4WD Club. Arrived Friday morning and setup camp at Airport Flat Campground. There is a trailhead at the campground that leads to the Wentworth Springs part of the trail. It's mostly dirt and 2wd up to Wentworth Springs Campground and then you get into the rocks. I think this part of the trail is more challanging going up as we did. I got hung up on two big boulders trying to climb a shelf and got winched through. A better line would have got me through:pissed:. Next time.;) We finished the day by coming out through the slabs, out gatekeeper and Loon Lake trailhead.
Started out at Loon Lake on Saturday and ran the trail towards Tahoe. We got as far as Little Sluice which is a spectator spot for watching rigs go over some seriously big boulder through a notch in the granite. Hung out there for awhile and headed back to Loon and camp. The weather was perfect. 70's during the day and 50's at night. Watched a meteor shower Saturday night.
Went back in on Sunday to bring parts to a broken rig at Little Sluice then headed back out.
Had an excellent time with some cool guys. Learned alot about my JK and the trail. The Rubi did very well . Got lots of comps from old time CJ and TJ owners. Also, I removed the doors for the first time. What a difference. I can't see running with the doors on ever again.
Here are some pics. The first set is the Wentworth Springs trail and the rest are through the slabs and Walker Hill. Can't wait to go back.:bounce:

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
great looking pics, the Jeep looks great.

Performed well I see.. AWESOME!!! :bounce:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts