JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but, I have the opportunity to buy 5 tires & wheels off of a 2018 Wrangler JL. ( they’re brand new). My Jeep is a 2016 JKU. It has the stock 17” aluminum wheels and 255R75-17tires (Goodyear Wranglers). The Rubicon tires are LT285R70-17.(B.F. Goodrich). The wheels are the aluminum and black. They’d look so good on my all black JKU. Will the tires clear without any kind of lift or leveling kit?
Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Use the search function. They'll fit, but they'll rub for sure. Throw on a small level and be done with it, they're cheap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Sorry to bother you all. I had a very limited time to tell the guy that I would take them as they were 80 miles from me. Therefore, I really didn’t have the luxury of setting around and frickin’ searching all the Forum. I really just needed a quick answer from the been-there, done-that crowd. I appreciate those that did reply and gave me the answer that I needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did buy the set. The tires are B.F. Goodrich All Terrain K02. LT285R70-17 on Rubicon black & silver aluminum wheel. They came off of a 2018 JL Rubicon and had $40 miles on them. I gave $1000 for all (5).
I installed them on our 2016 JKU with all stock suspension. They do NOT rub anywhere. Not even on lock-to-lock. Now to get the Teraflex leveling kit installed.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did buy the set. The tires are B.F. Goodrich All Terrain K02. LT285R70-17 on Rubicon black & silver aluminum wheel. They came off of a 2018 JL Rubicon and had $40 miles on them. I gave $1000 for all (5).
I installed them on our 2016 JKU with all stock suspension. They do NOT rub anywhere. Not even on lock-to-lock. Now to get the Teraflex leveling kit installed.
Not a bad deal there. You'll be happy with the leveling kit, I ran the same setup but with 295/70r17s on my JK before I installed a full lift kit. It ran pretty good, rubbed a little on the fenders at full stuff but nothing major.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I saw a set of these wheels and tires listed as well but with a warning that Jeep changed the wheel studs to s different size so the would fit the new JL only, not a JK.

New stud is 14 mm vs the 1/2 inch for the JK.

Did you have any issues with this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts