JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some searching didn't render much on this topic, so I'll float it out there. I'm pulling the stock 44's and going to a set of one tons, also taking out the Rubi sway bar disconnect for an AntiRock. I'm a fan of keeping the interior clean and appearing factory (notwithstanding the roll cage, sPod, CB, Raptor liner, and Atlas shifters of course) Does anyone know if the lower switch cluster ('08) that has the lockers, swaybar, ESP, hazzard, ect, can be switched over to a standard model switch cluster as a simple plug-and-play? I'm wondering if the wiring harness is different, or do they all have the same. Also, any additional programming required to keep the canbus happy?

Yeah, I know its some nitpicky chit, but we like what we like, right?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes it will plug in but will require turning off the lockers and smartbar at the dealer. Also, remove the connector that goes to your smartbar and leave about 6 inches of wire on the plug. Cap the vehicle side wires with waterproofed wire caps. If you leave the connector on the vehicle, it can cause canbus communication problems even the smartbar option is turned off.

Someone may need your connector because they bashed theirs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts