JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 2013 JKUR and first thing I did was go to 37's and regear to 4.88. drove the jeep for 2 days with the factory 4.10's and 37's everything worked fine, yesterday a friend of mine and I regeared it and when I went to test the lockers the front one engaged but wouldn't disengage. I have been reading about this stuff and it seems that every one that has this issue its always related to these damn sensors. So is there a problem with removing them and plugging the hole? Will the computer get mad if i just cut the wires and wire direct to the locker like an aftermarket e locker?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
because so many people say the sensor is the issue I would like to just get rid of them, I have a feeling that if I replace the sensor it will happen again and if I just do away with them I don't have to worry about it again
No issues with my sensors since 2011

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I ran without the plunger for over a year until I regeared any had it reinstalled. Locker light only blinks when you engage it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I ran without the plunger for over a year until I regeared any had it reinstalled. Locker light only blinks when you engage it.
totally agree.
after I regeared my jeep I never even put the sensors back in. I plugged the hole with a bolt. the lockers work exactly like they always did except the light blinks when they are locked instead of steady.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
totally agree.
after I regeared my jeep I never even put the sensors back in. I plugged the hole with a bolt. the lockers work exactly like they always did except the light blinks when they are locked instead of steady.
Do you know what size the bolts we off the top of your head?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had one or another Rubicon w/frt. & rear lockers for over twelve years now. Never had a problem with the locker sensors. Can't remember reading on any of the boards where an unusual number of folks were having the issue, either.

if you don't want the sensor, plug up the hole. Put a piece of tape on the dash so you won't be bothered by the blinking light. Please don't come on the board and create fear among the members over something that's not happening. We have enough issues with these new young Jeep owners who have never turned a wrench. You can tell who they are. They're the ones who are more interested in "how do my wheels looks", or "what have you done on your Jeep today" or "what color should I get"? They are on ALL the Jeep boards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts