JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They warrantied out my LA bushings, free of charge, no issues there. Sweet. But they won't send a new trackbar bushing. Gotta call 4wheel parts and order it.

Really? There's about 4K worth of suspension and drive shafts under my Jeep and you won't toss me a bushing?

Whatever. :suicide:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I've read that the customer service with the new owners isn't that great yet. Its a good company with a good product line so I hope they get that part of the game together.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
hey man just be appreciative of what they are doing for you. My personal experience was the worse I have EVER had in my life with the new ownership. They would not do it for me without money upfront even though it was their crappy bushings that destroyed my control arms. So :thefinger: them. I'm rollin on Rock Krawler now!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I've read that the customer service with the new owners isn't that great yet. Its a good company with a good product line so I hope they get that part of the game together.
even though my experience was bad with them, I agree in that hoping they turn things around because overall I was happy with my 4.5" long arm, but they did nothing to rectify this and treated me pretty damn harshly in the process. I gave them 3 chances last year to correct it and received a different answer each time. time will tell

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the bushings installed here a couple of weekends ago, not too bad of a job, although it had been about 2 years since I've had to do any heavy suspension work. I was a little sore for a couple of days after (no air tools, did it with 6 ton jack stands in my garage).

I called the 4wp in Portland (our store got shut down by the share holders 2 years ago, even though they were making money, go figure on that one :gluging::gluging:), and the guy on the other end of the phone was super helpful. 3 days later (and $15 bucks) I had a new track bar bushing. Too bad I had done all the work the weekend before. Oh well.

Good on RE for replacing all of those bad bushings. Now if they can get the customer service figured out.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
No now if the could make some good bushings!!! My upper rear bushings last about 6 months and they start tearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No now if the could make some good bushings!!! My upper rear bushings last about 6 months and they start tearing

Have you tried the new material ones? The mpeg material or whatever the heck it is?

That's what they sent me. If my rear uppers go south again, Currie makes a Johnny joint replacement end, and I will go that route.

But like I said in my other post, I'm not going to bitch that the original ones lasted 4 1/2 years.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Yes mine are the new material!!

·
'merica
2,237 Posts
Rubicon Express Fucking sucks!!! I need a replacement tie rod and and they are custom made for their drag links, which means no cross over off the shelf tie rod ends! The issue now is if I replace the draglink with Poly's kit I have to get a new pitman arm

So here is a big FUCK YOU RUBICON EXPRESS!!!:flipoff:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rubicon Express Fucking sucks!!! I need a replacement tie rod and and they are custom made for their drag links, which means no cross over off the shelf tie rod ends! The issue now is if I replace the draglink with Poly's kit I have to get a new pitman arm

So here is a big FUCK YOU RUBICON EXPRESS!!!:flipoff:
PSC's one ton ends will screw in, and the taper should be the same. Find a pair local to try out but I believe that's what I ended up finding out at my buddies shop.:bounce:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Metal cloak is now making replacement bushings to fit the RE arms, I will be trying them soon

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
For all of you that bought an RE long arm system and are having issues with the bushings in the rear (most common), we will gladly seperate our Long Arm Upgrade System for you guys and provide you with a 20% discount so you can get your rigs squared away. It sucks to spend money twice so we would like to try to help out.

You would get the Independent 3 link long arm setup with high clearance lower control arms if you guys want for The retail for the back half of the upgrade would be $999 and you guys could have it for $799 plus shipping.

You must prove to us that you are an RE customer in order to get this price.

Sorry for the issues you guys are having.

RK

·
'merica
2,237 Posts
For all of you that bought an RE long arm system and are having issues with the bushings in the rear (most common), we will gladly seperate our Long Arm Upgrade System for you guys and provide you with a 20% discount so you can get your rigs squared away. It sucks to spend money twice so we would like to try to help out.

You would get the Independent 3 link long arm setup with high clearance lower control arms if you guys want for The retail for the back half of the upgrade would be $999 and you guys could have it for $799 plus shipping.

You must prove to us that you are an RE customer in order to get this price.

Sorry for the issues you guys are having.

RK
Ok so how well does this drive on the roads? Mine is a daily driver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts