JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE has closed their doors! My friend tried to call them up for some bushings yesterday. Does anyone know where we can get some control arm bushings.

http://www.rubiconusa.com/

·
Registered
13,230 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
On the other hand... it could be a marketing ploy...

·
Registered
73 Posts
maybe they are S orting things out.......

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I'm not surprised. I posted a thread a few months ago entitled "What Ever Happened To Rubicon Express?" and got several interesting responses. We noticed a big increase in advertising, which included a claim they were the industry leaders (really?). One universal response seemed to be lukewarm customer service, and having had some dealings with them over the years I understood. If they get funding and new management they need to address the service situation immediately or they won't make it. There are a lot of quality competitors now fighting over a very small, specialized market. If you can't back up your designs with good service, forget it, you're history.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
If you can't back up your designs with good service, forget it, you're history.
They're not history. :shaking:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Tragic, I thought they made a good product.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
It was probably thier spelling :beer:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I spoke to a buddy of mine that works there, and as far as he is concerned they will be re-opening soon.:)

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Wow, they were king kong in the TJ world. Never gained much traction in the JK world.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I spoke to a buddy of mine that works there, and as far as he is concerned they will be re-opening soon.:)
Yeah, but that's what management always tells the staff so they won't drift off. Meanwhile, the bosses are trying to get loans, etc., which most often doesn't happen. Why would new investors take a chance on them when they've already proven they're incompetent? I wouldn't bet on them being up and running again anytime soon. Too bad, we've got lots of folks around here running their stuff.

They were indeed on top of the TJ heap for a number of years, but there was always this undercurrent of issues that never seemed to get resolved, and constant banter on the boards about how bad their customer service was. Ibn particular, the constant bullshitting that seemed to go "we've never heard of that problem", or "you must have installed it wrong", or, "we'll get back to you...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yeah, saw that. Seems like they just skipped a beat with the JK and couldn't get back on their feet. Interesting that Mopar adopted their long arm kit as a factory accessory, too.

If they can't make it back it's really a shame. They were a great resource at one time. I had their 4.5" SUA springs on my YJ and they were excellent. Virtually all the TJs in our club are running their long arm, too.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Yeah, saw that. Seems like they just skipped a beat with the JK and couldn't get back on their feet. Interesting that Mopar adopted their long arm kit as a factory accessory, too.

If they can't make it back it's really a shame. They were a great resource at one time. I had their 4.5" SUA springs on my YJ and they were excellent. Virtually all the TJs in our club are running their long arm, too.
Declare bankruptcy to get out of any debt. Restructure upper management and increase quality control to ensure no more bushing fiascos.

They will be back.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I have the 4.5 long arm on my JK and now that i got good bushings the kit is amazing. They rushed to market on the JK lifts and didnt do alot of R&D. The quality of the RE stuff compared to some of the crap thats out there i amazing. I think they will be back sooner than we all think maybe under new managment of someone that takes pride in the product and wants return cutomers. Only time will tell. I know alot of the bigger name in the industry have gone through alot of restructuring in the last few years but never said anything to the public.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts