1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I guess Rock Krawler took too much of their business

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Dang!! Better check my lift. If they're down for the count and warranty/parts becomes an issue ...may be time to move to Rock Krawler!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow!!! I have no experience with Rubicon Express. Rock Krawler on the other hand is the best in my book. I have the 3.5 mid arm x factor and it only gets better by the day.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
wow that was so...:laughing: expected....... who is next to fall?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I heard about this through the grapevine today. It really is a shame! These guys were HUUUUGE in the TJ/LJ/XJ market for years.

Really sad to see a company like them go into troubled times.

Marcus
agreed. When I bought my jeep in '08, rubicon express is what everyone recommended in my local club. I'm running it, and know a lot of other guys who were running their kits too. I'm wondering if its an acquisition/merger situation or if they're really closing down and locking the doors

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I hope they don't close for good, a buddy of mine is calling Scott and asking what's up. I bet they are getting bought out.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I've already talked to Scott about things, and they are not planning to close for long.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was a little surprised to hear about this. Hoping the "reorganization" is just that, reorganizing. However I'm going to go check my bushings as they claim they're still honoring warranty stuff.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Really?? as far as i understand until not too long ago (about 2006) is that rock krawler is pure crap, AND expensive. Guess they have improved their products
That was under the original owner, the current owner bought it around that time and redesigned almost everything... missed a bit the past few years huh? :D :beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Really?? as far as i understand until not too long ago (about 2006) is that rock krawler is pure crap, AND expensive. Guess they have improved their products
Rock Krawler has REALLY stepped up to the plate.....especially with the JK. Their customer service is great too. You will find very few complaints with RK these days.

Rubicon Express also has a good design with their JK offerings.....fantastic on-road handling, and good flex capabilities off road. Besides the bushing issue that they had at one time, they have EXCELLENT quality and great designs. Their customer service has been questionable in the past, but they slowly began working things out last year. I trust Scott Becker, and I believe that they will be back on the scene shortly....as he has indicated.

I believe that these days......with so much internet forum discussion and interaction.....that it takes companies like Rock Krawler, Teraflex, Poly Performance, etc......that are consistently listening to customer feedback, and are consistently researching and developing upgrades, changes, and new products to continually raise the bar and/ or address issues.

Rock Krawler stays very involved with it's customers and retailers. Their quality is one of the best in the business these days. Very dedicated.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Are you high?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts