JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can buy the wiring and switch through several vendors. I know quadratec advertises everything you need. I have no idea if it requires the dealer to "enable" that function via starscan. I assume there are several writeups on it though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It works fine with any JK. The dealer needs to enable the Dash Light after you install it. It will work with just the button and harness just no indicator light. YOu can also enable the indicator light with any of the tuners.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Shipping to 46167??

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
STILL AVAILABLE! I have not weighed it or boxed it yet. I will pass along the cost of shipping/insuring via the carrier of your choice. I won't add anything extra. I would estimate that shipping/insurance will be under $50 but more than $30.

·
Registered
686 Posts
FYI ...

I recently downloaded the JK wiring diagram and looked up how the E-DISCO is wired as per the Jeep instructions for the accessory version of the bar. It's actually very simple. Switched power connections and a CAN bus +/- connection to get it on the network. That is it ... the brains are in the Sway Bar controller itself and the button just sends a message out on the network to turn it on and off. That is why the dealer doesn't have to do any flashing except to turn on the indicator light on the dash. Once the controller is on the network it just works.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
FYI ...

I recently downloaded the JK wiring diagram and looked up how the E-DISCO is wired as per the Jeep instructions for the accessory version of the bar. It's actually very simple. Switched power connections and a CAN bus +/- connection to get it on the network. That is it ... the brains are in the Sway Bar controller itself and the button just sends a message out on the network to turn it on and off. That is why the dealer doesn't have to do any flashing except to turn on the indicator light on the dash. Once the controller is on the network it just works.
Funny, once I removed my e-swaybar, the dealer said he could NOT disable the flashing indicator.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Funny, once I removed my e-swaybar, the dealer said he could NOT disable the flashing indicator.
They probably have no idea how ....

I gave my dealer the page of the install instructions on how to turn it on via STARSCAN. I assume they could also use these instructions to turn it off.

Or just use one of the JK tuners to turn it off.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
They probably have no idea how ....

I gave my dealer the page of the install instructions on how to turn it on via STARSCAN. I assume they could also use these instructions to turn it off.

Or just use one of the JK tuners to turn it off.
Don't believe it's available on the DiabloSport Trinity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts