JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the UJ caps broke so I need a new assembly (axle shaft with UJ). I also need the UJ part # so I can fix and have a spare. I think the oil seal at the diff end is also shot so I need that part # too.

ps. I think I broke it a week ago. I noticed some death wobble at 65+ MPH then saw fluid in the steering knuckle. I probably did 300 miles and 3 trails on it with no cap :eek::eek:

Attachments

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
PM me your email and I will send you the mopar PDF that has all the parts and part numbers for the jeep, it's a great resource.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
ps. I think I broke it a week ago. I noticed some death wobble at 65+ MPH then saw fluid in the steering knuckle. I probably did 300 miles and 3 trails on it with no cap :eek::eek:
I'd be surprised if you drove 300 miles with a missing cap and didn't notice it, but all things are possible. The axle seals seem to leak very easily, I've had a slight leak on the PS one for 36k miles, so it may or may not be related.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be surprised if you drove 300 miles with a missing cap and didn't notice it, but all things are possible. The axle seals seem to leak very easily, I've had a slight leak on the PS one for 36k miles, so it may or may not be related.
I drove it 120 miles after I saw the cap missing and it didn’t make a sound. When driving it’s held tightly and it only seemed floppy when parked. I think I did more damage stopping and starting than driving it down the freeway.

On the way out I noticed a death type wobble whenever I got above 70 MPH and I’m not sure if this is related. I’m actually hoping it is so I fix two birds with one stub shaft so to speak. On the way home I dove much slower after finding the cap missing :grinpimp:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just bought Alloy USA front shafts. So I have my original shafts if you're interested. They have just over 5000 miles on them.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tgrt, I ordered stock parts before I read your post but I am interested in some spares. Can you PM me a price?

·
Registered
441 Posts
PM sent. I don't really mind holding on to the shafts for spares myself, but I know if something happens to my Alloy USA shafts I'd probably want to replace them with the same or something similar anyway -- supposedly Alloy USA's warranty is supposed to be pretty good. So, if I can get my asking price I'll part with them.

Also it's worth noting that I have these and other stock Rubicon parts listed in the for sale section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts