JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night as Iam pulling up to my driveway all my different lights start flashig..OIL LEVEL,CHECK ENGINE,ABS,AND EVERY OTHER light that is on the panel. So at this point the JK dies. I jump out and start walking to my house when I hear the "BEEP" and I notice the factory alarm has just armed itself. So I keep pushing the unlock button ob=n my remote and the alarm wont disable. So I unlock the door w/ my keys which set thealarm off and the only way to stop it was to disconnect the battery cable. So I have it towed to the dealership. Another 6 hours later I get the call that the MAIN BRAIN COMPUTER had fried itself and killed my whole electrical system in the JK. The cause I ask???? UH not really sure sometimes they just do this he says, always if it gets wet it can happen. The latter of the 2 I kinda figured since water and electronics dont mix well. Anyway 2 weeks I will be without my Rubi. I just dont get how a brand new JK that has never even been offroad can have a complete and total meltdown before its first oil change.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
mine did the same and it was caused buy the electric sway bar shorting out i had the exact same thing happen

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
my sway bar motor is fried too. now, if i plug the sway bar motor back in, the jeep won't start, so i just have to leave it unplugged.

plugging it in doesn't cause the alarm to go off or lights to flash, when it is plugged in, it screws with the ABS module and the PCM somehow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts