JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
the real question is whether or not it works reliably to begin with; mine sure doesn't and I haven't even gotten around to lifting it yet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What have the problems been? Mine has been great. Disco's immediately, locks back in over 18pmh, then unlocks... I've put it through the paces, and havent had a single issue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What have the problems been? Mine has been great. Disco's immediately, locks back in over 18pmh, then unlocks... I've put it through the paces, and havent had a single issue.
mine seems DC fine, but doesn't like to connect back up again unless I pull the plug and plug it back in at the motor...like i said, not all the time, but it's happened enough to be very annoying.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
mine hasn't worked in a long time....and the local dealership fawked me over it, so now it's just dead weight. but the lift had nothing to do with it not working. ****ty manufacturing was the problem.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Mine always worked fine w/ 4" of lift... Ended up selling it b/c I now have 37s & 5.5" lift & seems like that'd put a lot more strain on the system than it was designed for so I figured I'd upgrade before I have issues or damage it.

Like BigJerm said make sure you change your links, seems they need to be longer than most kits provide with their lift.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I herd about some problems with the electrical system on the disco system, something to do with moisture damage. I have had my rubi for almost three years and have not seen this problem , I even live where there is a good amount of snow and I wheel all year with lots of water crossings . I am running a 3.25" lift kit and have no problems. I do pressure was my jeep very well after wheeling. No problems yet.

G

·
Mine has been problem free so far and it sure is nice just to hit a switch. Having said that, as soon as I have trouble with it I’ll be removing it and going with manual discos.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know if you lift your jeep more that 4" you will need extended sway bar links. Most kits have you use the rears in the front and supply you with longer rear links. I have seen some damage due to the links not being long enough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.