JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here swaped in the stock Rubicon springs on their X yet? If so, did you gain any lift? Also, did it change your ride? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I believe there are something like 22 different spring rates for the JK. The Rubi springs are likely to be among the firmest, but I wouldn't count on gaining much lift.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I've seen the spring rates will be different and thats it. The rubi has the red gas shocks but are the same length as the ones on the X and Sahara. The rubi has the electro disco for the front swaybar. The rubi is taller stock because of the wheel tire combination. That's essentially the only difference outside of the spring rates.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input. I had found some for $50 on fleabay but will pass on them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Close

The rubi shocks are a little longer than the X and a LOT firmer. I replaced my wimpy X shocks with the rubi, other than them being red, I like them sooo much more. The ride is much firmer, less bodyroll around curves, and it seems softer going over uneven terrain.... I found the difference like night and day. Can't tell you anything about the springs...

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The ride is much firmer, less bodyroll around curves, and it seems softer going over uneven terrain.... I found the difference like night and day.
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the Rubi (and maybe the 17" & 18" rim sizes) shocks are monotube.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The rubi shocks are a little longer than the X and a LOT firmer. I replaced my wimpy X shocks with the rubi, other than them being red, I like them sooo much more. The ride is much firmer, less bodyroll around curves, and it seems softer going over uneven terrain.... I found the difference like night and day. Can't tell you anything about the springs...
You start by commenting that the Rubi shocks are, "a LOT firmer", but later you say that they, "seem softer going over uneven terrain". I'm trying to understand the contradiction. I have thought about Rubi shocks for my Unlimited X since they are readily available and cheap but I don't want to make the ride any stiffer than it already is. The frost heaves around here this time of year see to it that you are airborn most of the time and this is not doing wonders for the titanium rods in my back. I guess what I'm looking for is something that will improve the ride at road speed and work better offroad. Anybody have any ideas? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts