JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, maybe this has been discused...but if not here it goes, I have an X with and auto...(Not a rubi), if I had a rubi, this would not even be a consideration. with that said what would you rather have, both are bolt-ins, no modification to drve lines and I think very close in price.( not sure on rock-trac pricing.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I personally always lean towards the rule of "keep it simple". The Rocktrac would be my first choice because it is a factory set up with a clean and simple design.

If you need more low range after that then you could add the Crawler box.

TeraFlex also seems to have a 2wd low option for the 241 case now too. (you are welcome)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I personally always lean towards the rule of "keep it simple". The Rocktrac would be my first choice because it is a factory set up with a clean and simple design.

TeraFlex also seems to have a 2wd low option for the 241 case now too. (you are welcome)
The 241 OR Tcases seem to be available from time to time for around or under $1K, so they're significantly less than a Rubicrawler, they just don't give you the multiple low-range options.

And yes, the 2Low is a great addition. :grinpimp: (thanks...)

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Hey Carl, is the 241 OR-2 Low Kit (#2266900) compatible with manual transmission (2 door Rubicon). I am guessing that it is, but I will have a new t-case coming in a week or two, and I would like to consider installing this. Also is it available/ in stock right now?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey Carl, is the 241 OR-2 Low Kit (#2266900) compatible with manual transmission (2 door Rubicon). I am guessing that it is, but I will have a new t-case coming in a week or two, and I would like to consider installing this. Also is it available/ in stock right now?

Thanks for your time.
Yep! It's completely internal to the Tcase, so it doesn't matter which transmission you have.

I have them on the shelf, ready to go at a moment's notice. :cool:

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Both

ok, maybe this has been discused...but if not here it goes, I have an X with and auto...(Not a rubi), if I had a rubi, this would not even be a consideration. with that said what would you rather have, both are bolt-ins, no modification to drve lines and I think very close in price.( not sure on rock-trac pricing.
I would do both if you want a low crawl ratio.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Correct, just Rubicon Tcases.
Why is that? Correct me if I'm wrong here but all JK cases are 241, only difference being the low gear set in the Rubi-case. Your product is just a new shift detent that replaces the factory one to offer an extra "notch"
at the 2wd low spot.

I have rebuilt many cases. Why would it be different from a 241 with 2.73 low to one with 4:1 low?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Why is that? Correct me if I'm wrong here but all JK cases are 241, only difference being the low gear set in the Rubi-case. Your product is just a new shift detent that replaces the factory one to offer an extra "notch"
at the 2wd low spot.

I have rebuilt many cases. Why would it be different from a 241 with 2.73 low to one with 4:1 low?
They are both 241's, but that's where the similarities end. They use different shift rails, different shift forks, and different sectors. (the detent piece) They're completely different internally, the way they shift.

Here's a picture showing the standard 241 on the left, the 241 OR on the right. I only stuck the sectors in there, so you can see the difference--since we don't care about the shift forks or rails at the moment. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
2wd low option

I personally always lean cowards the rule of "keep it simple". The Rocktrac would be my first choice because it is a factory set up with a clean and simple design.

What effect does installing the 2wd low have on warranty?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What effect does installing the 2wd low have on warranty?
I'm thinking the only thing anyone could possibly complain about is you getting into your transfer case. Since it's completely internal, and functions exactly like the factory piece (with the addition of the 2 Low position), chances are nobody will even know it's in there unless you tell them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.