JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my damm catalog but that looks like a decent deal for a upgrade to better axles for the weekend wheeler. what were they $1200 rear $1300 front ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah you are pretty close on the price.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't believe it. You can get a bolt in replacement for probably cheaper than buying lockers, gears, and alloy shafts.
I wish I had the loose cash around
:laughing:
I would pick a set up and then sell my HD 44 rear to offset the cost some. Hell I could even re-gear them for a lot less seeing as they are out of the vehicle and I am not in a rush to have a driveable vehicle. And then sell the gears as they have 0 miles on them :D

Get axles
re-gear
maybe put some alloys in the front
swap them out over a weekend
make locker switching system
Done

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
I wish I had the loose cash around
:laughing:
I would pick a set up and then sell my HD 44 rear to offset the cost some. Hell I could even re-gear them for a lot less seeing as they are out of the vehicle and I am not in a rush to have a driveable vehicle. And then sell the gears as they have 0 miles on them :D

Get axles
re-gear
maybe put some alloys in the front
swap them out over a weekend
make locker switching system
Done
since you have to go ahead and buy the gears... just spend a few more pennies and get some ProRock 60s with the gears you want, and then be done with the end of the drivetrain.:smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
since you have to go ahead and buy the gears... just spend a few more pennies and get some ProRock 60s with the gears you want, and then be done with the end of the drivetrain.:smokin:
not to be rude but "a few more pennies" :laughing::shaking::laughing:

both axles with gears and instal of gears would cost the same or LESS than a prorock 60 rear with a selectable locker :thefinger: only way I am getting ProRocks is if someone gives them to me or a set falls off a truck in front of my house :grinpimp:

I am building my JK on a serious budget, everything right now is in the want category and not the need category. Enlisted in the military does not always give you a shatload of extra cash to toss at a vehicle. That and it will be the "once in a while toy" for the most part. I have other vehicles that I don't feel bad if I lay them on the roof. a 60 would be nice, but overkill in my JK and I would rather put 60's in one of my other vehicles :laughing:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
re.D44 Mopar

The Rubicon D44 axles is a great upgrade, Just Remember it has 4.10's and all 2008 X's and sahara's have 3.21's or 3.73's unless you plan to goto 4.56 ETC.....

Another thought is how to wire up the rubicon locker, i heard there maybe problems that a 12 volt conection would fry the locker.....who has done tis upgrade???

Jason

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
not to be rude but "a few more pennies" :laughing::shaking::laughing:

both axles with gears and instal of gears would cost the same or LESS than a prorock 60 rear with a selectable locker :thefinger: only way I am getting ProRocks is if someone gives them to me or a set falls off a truck in front of my house :grinpimp:

I am building my JK on a serious budget, everything right now is in the want category and not the need category. Enlisted in the military does not always give you a shatload of extra cash to toss at a vehicle. That and it will be the "once in a while toy" for the most part. I have other vehicles that I don't feel bad if I lay them on the roof. a 60 would be nice, but overkill in my JK and I would rather put 60's in one of my other vehicles :laughing:
a few pennies is all relative :D

Your JK will move down the line and become your rollover toy eventually. Instead of wasting money by continuing to replace axles..... Just do the axles once. Then when it becomes a trailer queen, the axles will be ready for the engine upgrade.:grinpimp: See, I was just trying to save you money in the long run.;)

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a few pennies is all relative :D

Your JK will move down the line and become your rollover toy eventually. Instead of wasting money by continuing to replace axles..... Just do the axles once. Then when it becomes a trailer queen, the axles will be ready for the engine upgrade.:grinpimp: See, I was just trying to save you money in the long run.;)
The JK is the only vehicle I have with a warrentee :laughing: and seeing as how I upgraded the drivetrain to unlimited it will be a WHILE before I use it as my "stupid" toy :laughing:

Its not I don't have the cash for a trailer queen, I dont have the cash for a tow rig :laughing:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
The JK is the only vehicle I have with a warrentee :laughing: and seeing as how I upgraded the drivetrain to unlimited it will be a WHILE before I use it as my "stupid" toy :laughing:

Its not I don't have the cash for a trailer queen, I dont have the cash for a tow rig :laughing:
I heard that. It costs too much damn money to have fun

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been peeping out the front axle for quite some time to use on my TJ. I haven't measured, but my only concern is making sure that the two upper control arm mounts are ok to use on a swap. I am sure that I will have to cut off the LCA mounts and swap them with TJ ones. Wit the added width, I would like to add the Super 88 kit to my 8.8 and use wheel spacers(adapting to 5 on 5). I will have to add 4.88's but I can't think of a cheaper way to upgrade my turdy.
The Upper control arm mount is the only thing that concerns me. It it wouldn't work, I would have to have to cut off the casted mount on the housing and have to use a truss. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, On a Rubicon.....

3.21 and 3.73's on the X and Sahara

Jeep is trying to get better gas mileage for 2008 due to the changes in EPA testing.

Jason
ooops :laughing: I forgot to switch the "model year" option on the specs page to 08 :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts