JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
That NP-241OR is pretty beefy. That's why we hear of so few issues with it. JP rated it very high last year in an xfer case shootout.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The transfer case in my 07 Rubicon says 241J, but under ratio is says 4-1. So which case came in the 07 Rubicon a J or the OR? The date code on the transfer case matches the Jeep.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

-Why do neither of your cases have the thing on the left on them?
-What is this thing?

·
Registered
582 Posts
The transfer case in my 07 Rubicon says 241J, but under ratio is says 4-1. So which case came in the 07 Rubicon a J or the OR? The date code on the transfer case matches the Jeep.
that is a OR you are GTG.

-Why do neither of your cases have the thing on the left on them?
-What is this thing?
None of the JKs i have worked on have that on them. HMMMM

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Nice photo-documentation. Are those from an automatic?

I ask because there are people who say it matters, and those who say it doesn't.
Can you swap a t-case from an auto to a manual, and vice versa?
Does anyone know from actual experience?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
None of the JKs i have worked on have that on them. HMMMM
It was hard to find that picture, it's not even my Jeep, but mine has it too. I agree that it's odd, I haven't seen many with this "thing". Perhaps just 07s have it?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
What's under the plate? Is there a shaft or something that goes into the t-case?
No, there is the donut looking thing on both sides of the plate. They seems to have fluid in them as mine is seeping as well as the one in that picture.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
It's a vibration damper. I don't know what they changed to make it unnecessary.
That was my assumption, but find it odd that they seemed to have removed them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.