JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there using this to reinforce their sector shaft? I have recently started to develop a leak in my steering box. I plan on replacing it with a remanufactured OEM and when it arrives and I do the install, reinforcing it with this kit to prevent it from happening again (hopefully).

Only thing I cant figure out is if this kit will work with the track bar/track bar mount in the stock configuration and a RK track bar. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
IIRC lots of people had issues with these because they worked with only one or two trackbars, RK not being one of those.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
182 Posts
Timmay, mine went on just like yours did in the pic, then I tapped the bottom of the brace with my dead blow and it slipped on perfect...

You try that yet?

And I have the brace and the rsp track bar and I'm super happy with it!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the holes dont line up perfect, then why not simply grind down the holes slightly? Is that the issue at hand or am I wrong?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I did all of that, even ground down part of the brace, loosened the steering box bolts, tried to reposition the brace and it still didn't fit. Robert from Rock Solid told me that when he got it back, he was able to make it fit on their jig. What can I say. I'm sure it would be a nice product, but it just didn't fit and I'm not the only one who has had issues with it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I honestly don't get it either. Dosen't seem like it would be real complicated think to produce a product that lines up with ONE hole. But hey, who the hell am to say anything. Hahaha. Reminds me of my Shitybilt rockers. Or I mean Smitybilt, excuse me.

Kinda sucks tho. They are the only one that has a bolt on, vs JKS that is welded and replaces the entire track bar and is about 3x as much.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I honestly don't get it either. Dosen't seem like it would be real complicated think to produce a product that lines up with ONE hole. But hey, who the hell am to say anything. Hahaha. Reminds me of my Shitybilt rockers. Or I mean Smitybilt, excuse me.

Kinda sucks tho. They are the only one that has a bolt on, vs JKS that is welded and replaces the entire track bar and is about 3x as much.
Maybe they changed it but when I looked at the JKS it was bolt in except for the brace on passenger side - maybe that's what you are talking about) and the long bar isn't a track bar, its a brace that runs to the other side of the frame. But I have no idea if it'll work either!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One can only hope that RSP fixes the issue I guess. For now, it looks like the JKS brace is worth looking into further. Anyone know anything about the EVO one?

·
Registered
182 Posts
you need a drop bracket to run the evo one.

Just because one guy had install issues, I would not discount RSP. Mine went on super easy, not one problem. You just have to use their track bar.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
you need a drop bracket to run the evo one.

Just because one guy had install issues, I would not discount RSP. Mine went on super easy, not one problem. You just have to use their track bar.
It wasn't one guy - it was a lot. However, all of them were trying to pair the brace with different aftermarket track bars.

There is a TON of good information in that other thread about all of the options if you sift through the back and forth about RSP.

That being said - if you run the RSP with the track bar you have a guaranteed to work solution. We just don't recommend mixing and matching their system anymore.

I think the key with all of these braces is to use them with the parts that they were R&D'd to fit and work with.

I've also had good luck with the JKS setup but have not sold the EVO brace so I can't comment on that one. :)

Marcus

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I did all of that, even ground down part of the brace, loosened the steering box bolts, tried to reposition the brace and it still didn't fit. Robert from Rock Solid told me that when he got it back, he was able to make it fit on their jig. What can I say. I'm sure it would be a nice product, but it just didn't fit and I'm not the only one who has had issues with it.

I had the exact same alignment issues that you posted. We used a jack on the frame, then placed a couple blocks under the brace arms and on the axle, lower the frame and the holes lined right up. If you still l have issues still, turn your steering wheel left and/or right; the twisting will line the holes up. Other than that, easy bolt-on.

Mine is installed with a Teraflex Steering Flip and Brace. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts