JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all. Recently purchased a 2014 four door JK and have had to rebuild both rear ends (still in the process or doing the rear) and replaced the oil cooler. I have owned 3 jeeps prior to this so not familiar with some of the new system. Such as trying to find out why my spider gears in the Dana 44 had a Trak Lok. So not all Dana 44 are the same. The reason I am reaching out to other for information as I could not get any answers from well know parts dealers.

Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In 2014 all JKs had a D44 rear.
All JKs had a D30 front EXCEPT the Rubicon which has a D44.
All were open carrier EXCEPT the Willys and Rubicon models.

You can type your VIN in HERE to see what all your Jeep left the factory with.
Thanks for the vin information I was able to look it up and it shows a Dana 44. I guess some Dana 44 come with a trak Lok spider gear set up and some don't. My first purchase of spider gears through rock auto did not have the Trak Loc set up but after receiving them I looked again and found them further down on the list at rock auto.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the vin information I was able to look it up and it shows a Dana 44. I guess some Dana 44 come with a trak Lok spider gear set up and some don't. My first purchase of spider gears through rock auto did not have the Trak Loc set up but after receiving them I looked again and found them further down on the list at rock auto.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I believe it is the Jk four door and believe it is a sport. I have not learned how to look at the vin yet. I did get some helpful information from Yukon Gears about how to identify the rear ends.
In 2014 all JKs had a D44 rear.
All JKs had a D30 front EXCEPT the Rubicon which has a D44.
All were open carrier EXCEPT the Willys and Rubicon models.

You can type your VIN in HERE to see what all your Jeep left the factory with.
Mine has Tru-Lok. It's a 2015 Rubicon. I have been reading that Tru-Lok and Trak Lok are two different things. I learned something new today.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In short,

Trac loc is a limited slip differential. Works with clutch plates that lock when axle slippage is present.

Tru loc is an open differential until it is activated and becomes a locked differential.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts