JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like too put a rack on top, but don't like the raised up models, would like a fixed rack but also utlize my freedom top. any pics out their.
thanks,Dave

·
Registered
145 Posts
You could always go custom. Here is quick shot of mine

·
Registered
145 Posts
JKIT wrote
Nice lookin' rigs. Gear, what do you use the rear platform for on the roof rack?
Well on past Jeeps I have used the platform for sleeping, standing, and watching Baja Races. It also works great for bring home supplies from Home Depot. On my 03 Rubicon I used a sheet of diamond plate to cover the roof. While living in Scottsdale, Arizona I could run the AC on the number 1 dial section in 105 degree heat and the inside of the Jeep would stay cool. This also allowed me to run with the soft top off and the front windshield folded forward and I was still covered with shade. Below is a quick photograph of that Jeep.

On the Jk some things have changed. The sheet on top is King Starlite XL. It looks like a piece of 1/2" wood but is really some sort of plastic. Works OK, I have had some problems with expansion in the sun. Makes for a pain when the holes do not line up. The sheet is cut so I can remove the T-tops. It is designed to be low so that it will fit in my 7' garage. Now that I have an Adventure Trailer I no longer use the rack for sleeping. Unfortunately Jeep redesigned the lowing of the windshield so that is no longer do able with my JK rack. I have thought about putting a roof top tent up there on some of my trips, but this has not happened yet. I am still working on awning idea's for the side. The rack has backup lights and a third brake light built in. There are tabs for my CB, 2M, and GPS. All cross bars are removable. This allows the hardtop to slide out the back. There are threaded inserts on the A-pilar bar for after market mirrors when I remove the doors. Oh and there is a nice little ladder on the side that my boys like to climb on.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
the gobi rack is really nice id stay clear of the wildboar

I've had the wildboar rack for over two years with no problems... I'm sponsored by them. Just wondering what problems you've seen with the wildboar. It's really pretty damn stout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts