JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucson Off Road is having its annual Roger Run on the 10th of March.

On March 10th, 2007 Roger Krause was killed by a guy running from the cops. The guy ran a red light and hit Roger broadside. He was killed instantly. Roger was a good friend to many of us and was pretty much a legend when it came to wheeling in Arizona. TOR adopted part of the Chiva trail and the Tanque Verde falls trail in memory of Roger. Every year on the anniversary of his death we organize a run to clean up the trail and to celebrate Roger.

Also, his screen name on the forums he visited was always Lowtech. That's why many of us have that name in our signatures.

Let's try and make this a good turn out and bring some life back into the club, Roger would have liked that.

Lets post up and see who is interested and coming. Feel free to post to other sites and tell your friends, all are welcome.

Come one, come all.

http://www.tucsonoffroad.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3059&p=24087#p24087

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Well you know I will be there. We should emphasize that this is not only a trail run, but also a trail CLEAN UP. Last year I was the only one to haul out garbage so lets definitely make a point to get the trail clean up on the agenda. As I posted on TOR, I will bring the heavy garbage bags and hand them out at airdown.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Im gonna say its a strong maybe. I do want to go and and think this is a great way to honor the memory of someone and keep the trails clean and beautiful. As you all know I will probably change my mind, or have my mind changed for me.:thefinger:

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sir are seriously going to get **** punted if you keep it up. :thefinger:

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Im gonna say its a strong maybe. I do want to go and and think this is a great way to honor the memory of someone and keep the trails clean and beautiful. As you all know I will probably change my mind, or have my mind changed for me.:thefinger:

OMG...here we go again. lol

·
Registered
357 Posts

On March 10th, 2007 Roger Krause was killed by a guy running from the cops. The guy ran a red light and hit Roger broadside. He was killed instantly. Roger was a good friend to many of us and was pretty much a legend when it came to wheeling in Arizona. TOR adopted part of the Chiva trail and the Tanque Verde falls trail in memory of Roger. Every year on the anniversary of his death we organize a run to clean up the trail and to celebrate Roger.

Also, his screen name on the forums he visited was always Lowtech. That's why many of us have that name in our signatures.

Let's try and make this a good turn out and bring some life back into the club, Roger would have liked that.

Lets post up and see who is interested and coming. Feel free to post to other sites and tell your friends, all are welcome.

Come one, come all.

Will this be kid friendly? I might be interested if I can bring the wife and daughter in law (8 years old), anyone else plan on bringing along kids? They both love wheeling and are big on cleaning up the trail. We were going to go wheel Chimney rock on sunday anyways.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Will this be kid friendly? I might be interested if I can bring the wife and daughter in law (8 years old), anyone else plan on bringing along kids? They both love wheeling and are big on cleaning up the trail. We were going to go wheel Chimney rock on sunday anyways.
Jeep trips are always family friendly.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Yes, bring everyone. This is usually a pretty low keyed run but always a great time.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do I count as a kid?:bounce:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I will most likely be bringing my wife and 15 year old daughter.

·
Registered
357 Posts
We will be there. Myself, wife, 8 year old daughter, and 6 month old Lab puppy. My daughter loves cleaning stuff up so she will be all for the trail clean up.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Come one, come all.

Just made some plans fall thru so i can make this trip. see ya there

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Just made some plans fall thru so i can make this trip. see ya there
I'll be there too!!! First run with the new lift so hope for the best!
That's great guys. See you there. I'll bring sawsall and other cordless tools so if we need to cut anything we can.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's great guys. See you there. I'll bring sawsall and other cordless tools so if we need to cut anything we can.
My fenders could use a trim.:thefinger:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts