JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I searched the forum and didn't find anyone that has dropped rockwells under their JK yet.... Has anyone done it? If not rockwells, has anyone really made their JK truly massive? Say 42"+ tires? Let's see some pics and stats if you have!
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
So I searched the forum and didn't find anyone that has dropped rockwells under their JK yet.... Has anyone done it? If not rockwells, has anyone really made their JK truly massive? Say 42"+ tires? Let's see some pics and stats if you have!
Thanks,
Matt
Off Road Evolution has Dynatrac Pro Rocks under a few rigs, but not Rockwells. And I'll tell you honestly, there isn't a whole lot of places a Rockwellized rig could venture that a JK with Pro Rocks couldn't follow. :)

I've seen Mel's big black rig in action and I have to say a JK with Pro Rocks is pretty damn impressive. Hell, mine with Rubi 44s is awesome. The new suspension on the strength the Jeep engineers endowed the JK with is awesome...

Sorry, got off topic there. :)

I saw the Ultimate Adventure Jeep this last weekend and while it's not "really" a Jeep, the Dodge frame and axles are pretty f'ing impressive and it's on 42s or 44s... Check it out if it comes to a show near you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rockwell are not so much of a good otehr places but an axle that won't break as easily with 42,46,47,54" tires, They have some other things that some people like.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Dang, draggin the boot up from the bottom of the ocean with the 2007 thread. I've yet to see a JK with those, imo, it'll be more of a buggy than a JK at that point.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for the update. 100dollar it would be expensive to get those to Houston, besides up in Lufkin tx they are 899.00 a set. Wish you were closer where I could get some tires though!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
What is the weight on those suckers?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Can't speak to the JK on Rockwells, but I know a guy with a YJ on Unimog's...

·
Registered
535 Posts
You need to beat that man with a wet noodle for defacing the Jeep grill with that...seriously...is that a Mercedes Benz logo?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
You need to beat that man with a wet noodle for defacing the Jeep grill with that...seriously...is that a Mercedes Benz logo?
Sarcasm for those sad days... :shaking:

He's done a lot of the work on that rig himself. I think he bought with the unimog's on leaf's and then did everything else like the coilovers and the exo. If I recall correctly, the crawl ratio is crazy sick in that thing. Hell I wish I was as talented as this kid after seeing serveral of his other "toys" he's built.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have to agree, a rockwell is very wide and VERY heavy. It I was building a 1000HP mud bog machine I might consider them (but likely just do a 14 bolt).

For wheeling and DD the ProRocks or RockJocks are the way to go in my opinion.

I have a set of ProRocks, and i would agree that on 37" tires i am overkill with the axles but I have room to grow and don't worry about braking them.

I just couldn't imagine rockwells in my JK!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sarcasm for those sad days... :shaking:

He's done a lot of the work on that rig himself. I think he bought with the unimog's on leaf's and then did everything else like the coilovers and the exo. If I recall correctly, the crawl ratio is crazy sick in that thing. Hell I wish I was as talented as this kid after seeing serveral of his other "toys" he's built.
Hey I don't doubt that the beast can do some mean rock crawlin but still...a freaking Mercedes logo.

Unimog is made by Mercedes? I thought it was it's own company...even still...you see a Mercedes logo you think freaking nice pavement car not rock crawler...lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
$100 if you do it get rear steer!!! So much fun and the turn radius is great:smokin:

The Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's work well under my JK with 40's. I stuck with 40's only because I would have had to make a new spare tire carrier for 42's. The 42's fit well under Mel's. I am 6 foot tall and jumping up is tuff if you don't park just right on the trails. Had to lift my Girl up several times.:beer: it's ok cause I get to grap her a..

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hey I don't doubt that the beast can do some mean rock crawlin but still...a freaking Mercedes logo.

Unimog is made by Mercedes? I thought it was it's own company...even still...you see a Mercedes logo you think freaking nice pavement car not rock crawler...lol
Lighten up Francis. It's funny. :beer:

Bob from Mountainside Offroad Park in Alabama has a BMW grill on his buggy.Hell I think he's got the hood too. I'm too lazy to hunt for a picture, but it's humor that makes life worth livin'. :smokin:

Nothing personal Vertisce, just bustin' your chops a bit.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Look real close, you might notice something.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts