JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front RK control arms the rears have been sold to paramaniac, just about a year old and only offroad twice! I will post pics on Monday. I am located i Port Washington and have no issues with shipping them. The only reason i took them off is because i was tempted to try out the JKS control arms, The JKS arms are staying on and ride incredible by the way, whether or not they hold up to abuse remains to be seen. Looking for 220.00 shipped for the front pair.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main reason is the huge ride improvement. Rides close to stock again with just a tad less offroad capability. Granted the RK,s are tough as nails, I am not exactly king of the hammers so this was a better route in my book.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The main reason is the huge ride improvement. Rides close to stock again with just a tad less offroad capability. Granted the RK,s are tough as nails, I am not exactly king of the hammers so this was a better route in my book.
I'm always wanting to learn all I can, and it makes no sense to me, so please explain how changing the control arms, and not the springs or shocks, changes the ride?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm always wanting to learn all I can, and it makes no sense to me, so please explain how changing the control arms, and not the springs or shocks, changes the ride?
I started with a RK lift which included the following. Springs, Control arms, links, front and rear track bars, rear track bar brace. The RK control arms use heim joints on one end which do not absorb vibrations and shock at all. The other end has a poly bushing which also absorbs less vibrations than rubber bushings. The advantage with the heim joint is a larger range of motion which translates to more efficient suspension travel. The JKS arms have beefed up oem style rubber bushings on each end and pivot at the center of the bar. The rubber bushings soak up the vibrations and the pivoting center provides a little better suspension travel but of course will not articulate like the RK's But hey what do i know, i only stayed at a holiday inn express last night.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
If neither of them take the rear's,..consider them sold. You can PM me if they don't. Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts