JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install rocker switches for my light bars. Was thinking a windshield mounted panel. Any one know where to get one or other suggestions.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Not sue if you are looking for something as simple as the daystar lower panel or A pillar

or something as fancy as 12Voltguy.com

either way... check out 12voltguy.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check it out I'm just looking for options because right now I'm using the switches that came with them and they have a tendency to turn them selves off and are loose

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen a panel for the top of the windshield but can not seem to find where to buy

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 2016 jku and added lights. This is my first jeep. There are few places to put switches. I went with a "a pillar" and i love it. At first i thought it would be weird having the switchs sideways, but no big deal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of doing that over the panel At the bottom of the center console seems more accesable. Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
The sPOD comes with a switch panel that goes above the windshield. Could that be what you are thinking of?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pricey, but I really love my SwitchPro 8100. Simple and easy installation. All the wiring is outside the vehicle except for a small harness that goes to the interior panel. It's even controllable from a smart phone via Bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Pricey, but I really love my SwitchPro 8100. Simple and easy installation. All the wiring is outside the vehicle except for a small harness that goes to the interior panel. It's even controllable from a smart phone via Bluetooth.
That's the route I'm going to go when I can allocate the funds as well.

A couple of things to consider in the switch placement discussion.

1) The SPod (and the Chinese knockoffs available on eBay) will eliminate overhead mounting points for CB or ham radios if that's your style.

2) The pillar mounted switch panels will be inaccessible if you plan to install an aftermarket front cage kit such as the Poison Spyder Trail Cage like I have.

I know the OP said he's not a fan of the low mounted switch panels that mount in front of the shifter, but if I wanted a low cost solution, that would be my choice to avoid the issues listed above.

One of the things that sold me on the SwitchPros SP8100 is the switch mounting versatility. Nearly the same money as the SPod, but IMO, more versatile. And I believe Marcus (River City Offroad) has them available as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts