JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What aftermarket rock sliders will work with the stock Rubicon rock rails? I'd like a heavy duty rock slider but want to keep the Rubi rails on for looks. Anyone running this set up and have some pics?

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Yea, I had one of those at my house this weekend wondering what their new rattle was in turns. The ACE slider was hit, tweaked itself into the factory Rubicon slider and was making noise on every turn.

What's the point of having two sliders? Like the added weight?:gluging:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I had one of those at my house this weekend wondering what their new rattle was in turns. The ACE slider was hit, tweaked itself into the factory Rubicon slider and was making noise on every turn.

What's the point of having two sliders? Like the added weight?:gluging:
The stock Rubi rails don't weigh much at all and I like the way they cover up the pinch seam. They also are somewhat functional. I just need something else that will take a hit and protect the doors.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I see his point, with the ACE and other rock rails that openings like them a rock or rock corner could get in there and still ding your door.

Then again, if it is going to happen, it is going to happen no matter what you have there.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Being body mounted, can the ACE sliders take a hit and not bend up into the body?
Yup without rubi rails a hard hit will damage your pinch seam. First hand experience. These sliders work and look the best with Rubi rails above them.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hey ChryslerChris: was that on a 4 door or two? If four did you have the third mounting point and the newer sloped out model or the old two pt bent up model? having seen what it took to bend my tube steps into the pinch seem I am wondering what kind of hit it took to bend the ACE all the way up into the body:eek:...any pics? I'm no fan boy just wiondering if I need the rubi rails too, I don't care about looks just protection.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
ok boys I'm no engineer or machanic so help me out. if the ace (which I have) bolt to the frame using the body mount bolts (which they do) isn;t that frame mounted in that the load transfers to the frame NOT the body?:koolaid:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
The ACE sliders just look like shit to me without the rubi rails.

Im going with the Synergy/Poly Sliders. They are more of a boat side and just look plain sexy!

Umm.....you might want to do a search first!!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Save some money trail gear Toyota sliders will work with the rubi rail, you set the angle, have slammed mine on many rocks, will fit with any lift, and are $170.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.