1,828 Posts
Looks awesome :beer:
I have the Rk long arm coming soon
How was the install?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The install was pretty strait forward you will spend majority of your time cutting stock mounts off and making them look good. If you have a car lift then it will be much smoother of a process than laying under it cutting and grinding and much easier on your t shirts. with the exception of having to modify the rear truss to work with my 60 rear it took a full day to do with a couple buddies. Oh and I do recomend relocating the rear track bar fram mount a few inches farther back once the kit moves your axle back a full inch depending on your axle like mine it hits my diff on the 60 and is crooked. Oh and I do gotta talk to RK about this they sent me the instructions for a yj/xj not my jk so lucky I had them email me a set before hand so I coul take care of any exhaust mods before hand or I would have been SOL for the weekend of the install.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Can you post some pics of what you did to the truss and track bar mount
I'm guessing u have the currie 60 too
Thanks

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Nick, the easiest thing is to order the truss built specifically for your currie(from currie). That's what I did with my CRD60 and it worked out great, all I had to do was weld a control arm mount on to the top of the truss. Then you can always sell your RK truss to someone else.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Nick, the easiest thing is to order the truss built specifically for your currie(from currie). That's what I did with my CRD60 and it worked out great, all I had to do was weld a control arm mount on to the top of the truss. Then you can always sell your RK truss to someone else.
How much was it?
I have no problem modifying the Rk or buy if it's cheap I'll consider it
Part number? Of pic?

I did find this
http://sniperfab.3dcartstores.com/Rock-Jock-Rear-60-Truss_p_65.html
But that's for a 4link

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is that a new mark in the first pic, or did you loose ground?
Nice Pose there buddy!!!!:thefinger:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey, don't overflex those springs, wait for a set of coil-overs.
:laughing:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much was it?
Part number? Of pic?

I did find this
But that's for a 4link
hard to really show you with a pic now that its already welded on the axle. but its minor trimming nothing you couldnt handle with the right tools and a few :beer::beer:.. the truss fits the axle tubes snug so that is no problem you gotta notch the bottom driver rear side of the truss to clear the existing track bar axle mount takes less than a minute with a cutting wheel or plasma the real in depth part is the two inner cutouts for the tubes have to be cut out more to clear the edges of the center section since the rock jock is shaped that way. the only other thing I have yet to check on is to make sure I can get my diff cover off if I ever need to. I don't see it being a problem but I havent tried yet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is that a new mark in the first pic, or did you loose ground?
Nice Pose there buddy!!!!:thefinger:
I didn't loose ground I actually went a foot farther up than that mark but that was max so i backed down to make it more stable while i was crawling around/under it to make sure everything was clearing and no rubbing issuse

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
How much was it?
Part number? Of pic?

I did find this
But that's for a 4link
It was cheap (like 48 bucks or something, I'll check currie's price, but theirs was very similar).
Here is a pic of the one teraflex sent me installed, I'll upload a better(on sawhorses) picture off my old phone when I get home.

edit: Here is Currie's it's more expensive than Tera's was... but might be able to get a better price from a vendor.
http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/Products4x4.aspx?id=1370

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What length shocks & coils do you have? It'll be interesting to see if you gain anything with coilovers!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
king 12 front 12 rear I didnt go with the alpha extreme kit I went with the recon kit. I know for sure there will be a difference out back but soon as I get the kit in I will post up some pics and hopefully a new mark on the wall

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lookin good B. Im not liken you very much right now. :thefinger:

Ready for some mo steak fingas and beer!!
you have a ripp!!! why you hatin on me fo? it's ok you don't have to like me to wheel with me next time steak fingers and :beer: at your place!! I gotta get to the mainland that way my jeep fits in with everyone else out here we stick out like a sore thumb. he should be happy I am stretching them for more lift he can easily get 2 inches higher out of those springs and i am not even charging him the labor for stretching them out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can you post some pics of what you did to the truss and track bar mount
I'm guessing u have the currie 60 too
Thanks
jeepnick here is the one pic i took of the truss mounted it doesnt show very much but at least you know what it looks like. I will get more detailed ones in the next few days.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts