JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing the upper control arms the directions state to install the krawler joint with step down spacers at the frame. My question is what is the step down spacers that they are referring to cause that is not in the packing list that was sent with the lift kit. There is some space between the krawler joint and the frame bracket anybody have a clue or should I just use some washers to take up the space thx and I can take pics if that would help.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
When installing the upper control arms the directions state to install the krawler joint with step down spacers at the frame. My question is what is the step down spacers that they are referring to cause that is not in the packing list that was sent with the lift kit. There is some space between the krawler joint and the frame bracket anybody have a clue or should I just use some washers to take up the space thx and I can take pics if that would help.
assuming you're talkin about misalignment spacers maybe?

They look something like this:

And go on like this:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
When I put my Rk short arms in they were fairly tight in the frame bracket, might wanna see if your bracket is stretched a bit, if so tap tap tappy with the BFH

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thx but this pic might help there is space between the krawler joint and the frame mount am I supposed to just crank on it till is tight or use washers to take up the space. RK directions SUCK how hard is it to make a decent set of directions.
Yup, the directions do leave a bit to be desired. I had the same concern when I installed mine. I asked RK and they said that no spacers are needed. Just tighten it down. The bracket will pull in.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about the track bar measurements maybe it is me but I set it at the recommended length and it looks to me that the axel is shifted over to the drivers side some anybody have to go longer than recommended thx guys

Captaindean
Jackson hole WY

·
Registered
650 Posts
What about the track bar measurements maybe it is me but I set it at the recommended length and it looks to me that the axel is shifted over to the drivers side some anybody have to go longer than recommended thx guys

Captaindean
Jackson hole WY
You may have to make final adjustments once the springs settle.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx alot one final question on the front if I lengthen the track bar will that allow it to shift over to the passenger side because it is way to far over to the drivers side at full droop of front suspension

Captaindean
Jackson hole WY

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yes. Lengthen the track bar to center your axle by shifting it towards the passenger side.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is kinda what I thought just wanted to be sure
This lift is alot more difficult than I thought it was going to be thx alot gang you never disappoint

Captaindean
Jackson hole WY

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Sorry, it seems that you gold an older revision of the instructions. We don't use those anymore. We have a specific machined ball for the jk front upper with the misalignment spacers built in now.

RK

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My problem now is the front axel is over about 4" to far at full droop towards the drivers side attempting to to adjust the track bar now

Captaindean
Jackson hole WY

1 - 14 of 14 Posts